Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 6:23:38 PM EDT
One thing that I kinda miss from Michigan (KINDA...I SAID KINDA MISS!!!) is the Gibraltar Trade Center. It was this enormous 300,000 square foot building. It was a flea market mostly, but they had about 1/4 of the building reserved for shows and every weekend a different show would come through. This was where the only gun show in Metro Detroit was held, about once a month.

I used to like to go and after walking through the gun show go and look at the other shit people were selling. They had everything that White Trash could possible want. There was cheap furniture, used video tapes, rusty tools, sports jerseys and some of the ugliest area rugs I've ever seen. They also had some really cool stuff too though. They had one section that was all antique toys. Booths and booths of old Star Wars, GI Joes (even the 12" ones from the 60's), old Transformers and crap even going back to the 40's. They also had people selling sword and the most evil knives and blow guns you could imagine. They had palm readers, people selling jerky, cheap jewlery dealers, old books, old records, pets (dogs, cats, snakes, scorpions, those big huge parrots), stipper's costumes, just about everything you could possibly imagine.

I get me a little bag of these miniture doughnuts that this lady made and sold from this little stand right by the enterance and spend a few hours strolling around. I KINDA miss that. Are there any decent flea markets in DFW? I'm surprised that I haven't seen any around Mesquite or Irving.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
there is a number of good flea markets around the DFW area............there is a flea market in Mckinney, it
is open only on the third weekend of every month, I think its called "third monday market", I might be wrong.
It is located 4 miles west on highway 380 from interstate 75.
Also there is a small market in Princeton every weekend on highway 380.
Traders village is pretty good but they use to have firearms there but I think they did away with those.
There is also a indoor market place in Garland/Dallas called Vikon Village, it is located on jupiter and interstate 635.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a big one held every Tuesday morning in Southlake (like tomorrow!). It's at the intersection of Hwy 114 and White Chapel Blvd, on the Eastbound side. Nice weather=huge crowd.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Traders village is off of Great Southwest Pkwy., between I-20 and I-30.

Canton has a very popular flea market.  Youll have to ask TRG what he thinks of it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Weathorford also has a once monthly flea market.  Everything from horses to Mousers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
2nd Monday in Bowie, every month...   fullclip

www.fleamarketguide.com/tx.htm

Don't forget Canton, first Monday, every month....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The place in McKinney is at www.tmtd.com

And don't forget the big one at Canton

www.firstmondaycanton.com

Ed
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
The one in Canton is not only big but has some cool stuff as well. I've purchased some furniture/decorative items for the new house out there. Its worth the drive in my opinion. -Keith
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:34:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The folks that own McKinney own Canton. You don't see many guns at McKinney anymore and the few you do see are old guns asking new (or higher) prices. It's becoming more like Canton. Some of the same vendors and they are adding small pavilions for them. Great food and still a great way to kill a day for $3 parking.

There is a small one in Bonham on the 2nd weekend and one in Whitewright on the 4th.  HIt or miss on what you find here, usually lots of livestock. Goats, chickens, dogs and various other critters.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]
First monday in Canton.

THe weekend of the first monday of the month.

It's one big ass flea market.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
To get to Traders Village... go down 360 south and exit mayfield and take a left.. go down a little and it will be to your left. From I20 go 20 West and exit Great Southwest. Take a right at GSW and take a left on Mayfield.. will be on your right.

I use to live by there... traffic was horrible during the weekends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top