Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 3:28:54 PM EDT
I can now scratch one item off of my list for this year (although I'm sure I'll be back for more Rangers games). Ameriquest Field is a very nice stadium. I had great seats too. Bleachers, section 50, row 9, seat 29. I was literally right next to the grassy knoll there in center field underneath the fountain. The whole stadium was clean and nice, tickets were reasonable, parking was MUCH better than any other sporting even I have ever gone to, and there was really no traffic leaving the stadium. The only complaint that I have is that the scoreboard was obscured from the centerfield bleachers. Comerica Park in Detroit and PNC Park in Pittsburgh both have HUMUNGOUS scoreboards in left field that you can see from everywhere in the park. Other than that though I was impressed. I wasn't too happy to see the Rangers beat the Tigers (I love everything about Texas, but I'll always be a Tigers fan) but it happens. I had a sausage, had a beer, watched a good game of baseball and all for a pretty reasonable price.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I love to go to Ranger games. Always a great time.   fullclip
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to a Rangers game on my very first weekend off when I moved to Dallas!

If you've been in other, older ballparks, The Ballpark is awesome!  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Arfcom day at The Ballpark?

It'd be badass to see AR15.com come up as a group on the scoreboard.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

FALARAK and I were talking about that actually. It would be awesome to get a group of arfcomers together to go.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I skipped out of work to catch opening day against the Red Sox---Of course I was wering a suit so that didn't exactly jive with the warm temps but the beers made me forget all about it. Of course showing up at the office the next day after getting so much sun is always a dead giveaway,,,,
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FALARAK and I were talking about that actually. It would be awesome to get a group of arfcomers together to go.

Well, pick a weekend date and I'll be in for a few tickets... fullclip
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I might be able to host a day at the Frisco RoughRiders with a box.  Not the rangers, but the box is nice, and it won't cost anything except what you consume.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I hear Rough Riders baseball is some really good baseball, played the way the game should be.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I might be able to host a day at the Frisco RoughRiders with a box.  Not the rangers, but the box is nice, and it won't cost anything except what you consume.

TXL

That would be pretty cool. Let us know if you can arrange it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd be in on that Txlewis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top