Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:01:45 PM EDT
Has anyone used this product line?

Experiences, good, bad, indifferent?

Carter's has .45 ammo for $230/1000

a little rough on the case mouth, but seemed ok otherwise.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Never tried it, but WWB is less than that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Cool, Where?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess nobody has used it yet.  I cannot find it in the ammo forum.

Seems like it would work ok.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Has anyone used this product line?

Experiences, good, bad, indifferent?

Carter's has .45 ammo for $230/1000

a little rough on the case mouth, but seemed ok otherwise.

Thanks

Independence is imported and marketed by CCI.  It's made in Brazil, for some reason I think the company that manufactures Magtech make Independence also.

I bought it about 1½-2 years ago when it was widely available and cheaper than WWB.  I've shot about 200 rds of .45, all went bang and seemed good in a SA GI Champion.  I've shot several thousand rounds each of 9mm and .40, no problems with either and they seemed pretty consistant.

I quit using it because the inexpensive sources I normally buy ammo from locally no longer had it in stock, and the price at other retail outlets increased quite a bit.

mm
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, Where?

Walmart. Winchester 100rnd value packs of .45 are $19.99 each ($199.90 per 1000rnds).
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have fired Independence ammo.

About 200 rounds of 9mm.  It all went bang, ran fine.  I see it at my local ranges, and at Sportsmans Warehouse.

However - when sizing a bunch of .45ACP - a LOT of the brass from them would not size, hung up the press, just like AMERC would do.  Appeared WAY too thick.

Anyone who cant make good brass, probably lacks in other QC areas, in my book, so I wont shoot anymore.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies.  

All the information is helpful.

BRD  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
However - when sizing a bunch of .45ACP - a LOT of the brass from them would not size, hung up the press, just like AMERC would do.  Appeared WAY too thick.

Anyone who cant make good brass, probably lacks in other QC areas, in my book, so I wont shoot anymore.

I haven't had trouble reloading Indepence brass.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What caliber?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What caliber?

.45ACP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top