Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 4:37:53 PM EDT
I'm off tomorrow and don't have anyone to go with, just wondering if there was anyone else that had nothing to do. I just got my nice little clone-point and would like to go sight it in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't care, whenever is good for anyone else. I just need enough time to go by walmart and pick up some .223 that isn't FMJ, that's all I have right now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
MAn - they have never checked my ammo -
I shoot ita ll.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not shooting - but tell me what time you are there - I might be able to stop by if it is in the afternoon .

It is always good to meet fellow AR guys.

EMAIL though - I cannot reach ar15.com  from work -- BLOCKED.....

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
MAn - they have never checked my ammo -

The younger guy checked my ammo a couple of times.  I usually took softpoint reloads with me.  I guess he decided I'd play by the rules and quit checking.  The younger woman though..sheesh.

mm
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
about time someone else shoots there, I do all the time but never can get anyone else to meet up.

I maybe able to make it in the afternoon, we'll see how the day goes.

What time do you think you may be there ???

If you see a silver dodge truck thats me and you will see my Bushy and DPMS 308.

Later..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
HA, I was just out there Tuesday morning. Man what a beautiful day. One of those spur of the moment things.

They have never checked my ammo, I guess they're a little freaked by all the gun cases and ammo cans
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Several members are now boycotting GPSR because of the range Nazi bitch.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I've always liked GPSR (except for the no FMJ thing).  Been a member there since my dad signed me up when I was a kid.  I've heard people complaining about range nazi this, asshole that (apparently some problems with Jim after he shot himself), but I've never encountered any of that sort of stuff (that wasn't warranted, at least).  Yeah, they have rules, but that's the cost of doing business.  I simply don't take any of my EBRs out there, and I otherwise play by their rules with whatever I do take.

Had an old man walk downrange on me one day while I was shooting on the pistol range.  I didn't realize it until I finished my string and saw him walking back to the bench (he was on one end, I was on the other, but still...).  I've also had a lot of guns pointed at me out there.  I stay far, far away from that place on the weekends.  I wish I still had days off in the middle of the week.  It's nice when you're the only one there on a weekday afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I might go sometime this morning.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I am not boycotting it, I was kicked out and told to never come back.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did you do?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your at least the fifth person i have heard say that. I told an old guy about the owner shooting himself one day and he doubled up laughing, whats the deal??
He said it couldn't have happened to a better asshole.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I never had a problem there, I just follow the rules and enjoy my shooting. What time are you going out there? I honestly wish they allowed FMJ.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I never had a problem there, I just follow the rules and enjoy my shooting. What time are you going out there? I honestly wish they allowed FMJ.

pick a time, I don't have anything to do all day, and I'd rather go with someone then by my self.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did you do?

I went there to sight in a rifle about 10 years ago, the place was pretty much empty. I told the guy I wanted to sight in a rifle, he slides a piece of paper towards me to fill out. It says "Application" on it. I say to the guy, "I just want to shoot once, not get a membership, do I still need to fill this out?". He looks at me, grabs the application, rips it up, and tells me to get out and never come back.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I'm headin out to Wally world and then to the range. I'll be on the 100yd targets. If anyone wants to stop by then I'll be there for a little while.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]

WHY ?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
about time someone else shoots there, I do all the time but never can get anyone else to meet up.

I maybe able to make it in the afternoon, we'll see how the day goes.

What time do you think you may be there ???

If you see a silver dodge truck thats me and you will see my Bushy and DPMS 308.

Later..

did you drive by today and honk?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same thing happened to me.  Young guy working there at the time (three or four years ago) cut up my membership card in front of me for having FMJ in my range bag.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:43:28 AM EDT
[#24]
we won't be going back cus of that range nazi bitch. we decided to have a little fun with her to prove a point...
link

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I have been going there for over thirty years and have never had any problems. They have rules and I go by them. If you have ever been there right before hunting season you will understand why they are strict.
The developers are encroaching on GPSR and they are trying avoid trouble with the neighbors. When I want to shoot FMJ, I go to Gibson's Outpost in Mesquite.
I personally think Jim is a nice guy. I have seen him have to reprimand some folks but they had it coming.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder how long they can hold out against the developments.  I started going there in 1984 & still pop in whenever I'm up there visiting friends.  I like the place a lot & have never had any problems there...I hope they can stick around awhile.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Well the only thing that is in their favor is the range is actually in a flood plane and heavy rains do flood the store and range occasionally. If you look at the building closly you can see a water mark on the walls. It would really be foolish to build a home down there. However, they are building very close.
I think Jim built that range in 1963, when there was nothing within miles.
Yep, I agree, I hope they can stay there for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have been going there for over thirty years and have never had any problems. They have rules and I go by them. If you have ever been there right before hunting season you will understand why they are strict.
The developers are encroaching on GPSR and they are trying avoid trouble with the neighbors. When I want to shoot FMJ, I go to Gibson's Outpost in Mesquite.
I personally think Jim is a nice guy. I have seen him have to reprimand some folks but they had it coming.

I was in the process of checking in and informed the young prick at the counter that I had FMJ in my range bag which I offered to remove to my car.  The little punk started cutting up my membership card in front of me and told me to leave.  Yeah, I think I had that coming....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top