Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 8:17:03 AM EDT
I'm coming down this weekend and I'll be staying the night in town. Any particular areas I should stay away from when picking a hotel room?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't stay east of 35

+1

Anywhere off Mopac (Loop 1) is decent.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Budget and preferred side of town (not East, unless you're a crack dealer) ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Under $150/night.

You tell me what side of town.

Someplace fairly close to the night life would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Under $150/night.

You tell me what side of town.

Someplace fairly close to the night life would be nice.

There are several hotels on 2nd to 4th street that would be good.  4th and 6th are the two spots you're probably looking for.  6th is more college folks and 4th is more working folks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I stayed here www.sanjosehotel.com once many years ago. It is super nice, maybe a little expensive, and they had a little hip coffee place on the corner. If I remember right the river and downtown is within walking distance, there are several bars/restaurants down the street. The neighbor hood around there did'nt seem too bad? Kinda an attempt to un ghetto the area? re-gentrify i think is the right word.
I don't know Austin too well, so I don't know the ins&outs of the area, but it seemed ok to me.
Have fun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Want to be close to the action downtown?

The Hilton downtown on 4th st. is right in the middle of things at about $200/night (a short stagger from 6th st).

But I would recommend the Embassy Suites 300 S Congress (512-469-9000) at about $120, a short walk or 2 min cab ride from anywhere downtown.

Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top