Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:09:00 PM EDT
Tyler Paper

I spent most of the day today in trial....will start up in the morning!  Hopefully this guy won't be out on the street any time soon! Did get a chance to put my AR into action (no shots fired), but gave me a different outlook on things watching him through my sights for 2-3 hrs. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!  B. Allison
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:41:53 AM EDT
[#1]
We can all hope !  Stay safe out there

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
That dirtbag might need to have some kind of, ah - accident . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Obviously the man was intoxicated, and not making rational decisions.  He is damned lucky he isn't dead.  Kudos to the officers for handling the situation without any bloodshed.

Damned shame all around.  I can imagine it is REALLY hard not to take a shot on a guy who is pointing a rifle around and verbally saying he is gonna shoot cops in the head.    But in his fucked up mind.... his house is being invaded, by unwanted persons.  I can see the instinct to defend your property..... (not trying to justify his actions)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#4]
"he became upset with her after he became intoxicated on Everclear and grape juice that had been boiled together"

Ahh, good old "Purple Passion."  That'll do it every time.  (Of course I imagine he was already upset with her, but that's beside the point.)

A difficult situation all the way around.  Glad it ended peaceably.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"he became upset with her after he became intoxicated on Everclear and grape juice that had been boiled together"

boiled together?  Alcohol boils away before water boils (assuming I remember by High School Chemistry correctly).

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Well...my section of Smith Co. is now a little safer!!  Life Sentence!!  In regard to alcohol, his wife testified that he was not so intoxicated that he didn't know what he was doing.  Dumb Ass even threatened the DA yesterday "You better hope I don't get out, or I'll find you."  They had to make the transport officer that was watching him under "the rule" and he then became State's witness.  B. Allison
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]

> "Well...my section of Smith Co. is now a little safer!! Life Sentence!!"

Good deal!

We had a similar situation in Lufkin last year.  A meth-addicted loser engaged Sherriff's Deputies in an armed stand-off at his trailer after he got mad at his girlfriend.  A few months after he got out of jail for that, he murdered a random girl on US69, then tortured and raped her companion ( newslink ).

He's still in jail.  His girlfriend now lives in Lindale and has learned her lesson.

By sentencing the Lindale guy to life, Smith County prevented more people from getting killed.  That's good work.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Good job, a great outcome.

Allison you've got to get together with some of East Texas guys.  Small Change and I shoot together alot.  We need to get together and put some lead down range.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
From the linked article:

Davidson said his client said a lot of things that he didn't mean or do that night because he was extremely upset with his wife and highly intoxicated. He said Ramirez took responsibility for what he did, which was out of his character.

You know, that (the underlined part) can really be taken two different ways.

Was "what he did" out of character, or was it out of character for him to take responsibility?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats not to far from me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top