Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 2:57:56 PM EDT
Im looking for a rifle and pistol range in the Longview, Gladewater, Texas area. I know about the East Texas Rifle and Pistol club, but at most I would only shoot there once or twice a year and the annual dues are a little high. Anyone have a range with a per day fee instead of annual thats within lets say a 30 mile radius of Longview?

Thanks, Mike
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ETRPC is the only main range I know of.........I believe dues are 75 a year now, which is still a bargain.
Maybe someone will chime in with others that I am not aware of......

Mike
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
31 West Shooting Range: from the intersection of Tyler's Loop 323, drive west 9.5 miles on State Highway 31, turn right into the range, just before the river bridges.

Tyler IDPA
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
ETRPC is the best place in East Texas.  It's a great facility.

Bob at 31 West stop letting people come in and pay $10 to shoot.  He's hardly there anymore, health reasons.  So only your member key will get you in now.

Lock and Load in Tyler is an indoor range.  They suck, but hey it's shooting.

What kind of range are you looking for?
When do you want to shoot?

We might be able to meet up at ETRPC or 31West and I can let you in.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 ETRPC.

it's only 75 bucks the first year, i think it's 50 after that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ETRPC is the best place in East Texas.  It's a great facility.

Bob at 31 West stop letting people come in and pay $10 to shoot.  He's hardly there anymore, health reasons.  So only your member key will get you in now.

Lock and Load in Tyler is an indoor range.  They suck, but hey it's shooting.

What kind of range are you looking for?
When do you want to shoot?

I have a cousin that lives close to Longview, my aunt and uncle just dont have the time to take him shooting. So I was looking for a place so we could spend a few hours plinking with 22's maybe some centerfire rifle shooting as well.  Thats really the only reason why I was looking for somewhere other than ETRPC, 75 dollars isnt bad for a year, I just wouldnt shoot there enough to justify spending the money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club just north of Lufkin on 69.  I think they have a total of 7 ranges for everything from .22 precisions pistol to 100 yard to 3 Gun/SASS, to 600 yd military, to shotgun.

Anything is allowed except full auto.  They are milsurp friendly and don't care what ammo you shoot as long as it isn't something like Dragon's Fire.  I think you can find them on the web.  If not, IM me and I'll get you an application.

$60/year and you must be a member of the NRA and the TSRA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#7]
TAG
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I was at ETRPC shooting yesterday and they now have signs up saying you must either have your membership card on you or be with someone who does or they will call the Sherrif on you and have you arrested for trespassing, so I don't think that would be a good idea.  Then again I've been a member for over 6 months and been out there at least 10 times and no one has ever asked to see mine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]

have signs up saying you must either have your membership card on you or be with someone who does

hence the part about a member inviting someone to come shoot...........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top