Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:56:16 PM EDT
Did any of you see it? There was a guy using signs that read " Body armor will soon be banned so it is on sale!" of course his price was $200+ over the price of online purchases.... JEEEZUZ

I get so tired of the scare tactics. But heay its a " Carnival Attitude" or a Gunshow fact that the buyer needs to beware.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
yep... saw it-- commented on it out loud so people could hear the sarcasm.... ar15.commer (FAILSAFE) overheard and made a comment too... I guess my "loud comment" idea worked. hehe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
No, it wasnt your comment.  I passed by that shithead while he was selling some body armor to a lady.  He said, "hang on, I have to call the FBI to do a background check", but he didnt call anyone, he just acted like it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We need to send Crooks like that back to the rocks they live under.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe you guys should let DACA know....  they might not like that stuff at their show...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No, it wasnt your comment.  I passed by that shithead while he was selling some body armor to a lady.  He said, "hang on, I have to call the FBI to do a background check", but he didnt call anyone, he just acted like it.

You're kidding!  What a douche bag.

I didn't see the armor, actually I didn't get there until about 3PM today so I had to hurry and buy some lowers and other misc items before people started closing shop.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

i would have asked why he needed to call when he finished and pointed it out to everyone to hear. f'in ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I did not see any signs, but was it that Filipino guy? If so he is an asshat of the 1st order!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
It's the same guy with the same signs that has been doing the show for as long as I can remember lol
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
maybe you guys should let DACA know....  they might not like that stuff at their show...

Con-Artist need to be taken care of.

I would agree DACA should know.  I saw the signs and about pissed myself laughing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's the same guy with the same signs that has been doing the show for as long as I can remember lol

+1

My personal favorite price gouge was the $13,000 Barrett M107. These can be had for under $9500 all over the web with little effort.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw it but wasn't concerned.  I still use the "substandard" body armor issued by Uncle Sugar.
Scare tactics seem to be prevalent these days.  I ALMOST bought a Titanium firing pin because I was convinced I was goiing to have a slam fire any day now.  Funny, it never came up in 14 years of mlitary service.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Who was the body armor crook? Signs displayed at his table? Name of the business? Table location? I know some of the Dallas club officers and will get the word to them.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Who was the body armor crook? Signs displayed at his table? Name of the business? Table location? I know some of the Dallas club officers and will get the word to them.

I can't answer any of those but as far as I saw he was the only table selling body armor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, the only one I saw selling body armor.  And several signs advertising his "pre-ban sale."
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

in the middle, about 3/4 of the way back from the front
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top