Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 6:28:12 PM EDT
A TV crew followed the Dallas SWAT team around for awhile. The result is a reality TV series on A&E starting in early January. Team Leader Steve Claggett and some others are doing TV interviews and are on billboards in Dallas area. Gonna be more famous than Forrest & Urich (that would be Jackson & Farrell for you GenX'ers). Set your TIVOs accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Renegade Glocker
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A TV crew followed Dallas SWAT team around for awhile. They result is a reality TV series on A&E starting in early January. Team Leader Steve Claggett and some others are doing TV interviews and are on billboards in Dallas Area. Gonna be more famous than Forrest & Urich (that would be Jackson & Farrell for you GenX'ers). Set your TIVOs accordingly.

I just saw that

here is the A&E link
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
i dont know if this is the same show i was working with here in Austin, but if it is, it is going to be awesome.

i was working with a guy named Jeff Chagrin who was filming a series called "Texas SWAT" for Court TV.  Jeff is a combat photographer.  he has been shot in a taxicab in Afghanistan in 1992, among other things.  he did combat photography in Afghanistan, South Africa, and Bosnia, amongst other places.  he is a Brit.

anyway the program i worked on has 27 episodes, each episode dedicated to one Texas SWAT agency.  i assisted in the filming with Austin SWAT.  basically they needed a few C3 guns for filming on the range.

i let them shoot a full auto UZI and Glock 18.  they blew up a few watermelons, 5 gallon water jugs, and 2 liter soda bottles.

i don't know if i'll get any credit for it on the episode, but oh well.  at least i helped out!  i did get the 8 minute promo DVD with the Dallas SWAT team.  Steve Claggett was interviewed extensively in this DVD, so i'm thinking it is the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
"Texas SWAT" premieres 1/4 on Court TV at 1900. Thanks for the heads up.

How about an MPEG of that DVD for all to  see?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Renegade X

seeing i am .mpeg challenged, shoot me a PM with your address and i will snail mail you a copy of the DVD.  do you know how to convert it to MPEG? if not im sure DVDTracker knows how to......

that video gives me wood.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Renegade X

seeing i am .mpeg challenged, shoot me a PM with your address and i will snail mail you a copy of the DVD.  do you know how to convert it to MPEG? if not im sure DVDTracker knows how to......

that video gives me wood.

Sure, I was going to suggest bringing it to Market Hall where I could rip it with my laptop, but if you send it to me I can have it hosted by early next week. IM in bound.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
ill send it out when i get back into town..probably on Tuesday.  thanks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
There is also a show on  Court TV coming on titled "TEXAS SWAT" . This may be the one you are talking about Spread.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
yes Propblast.  that is the show i did some work with, but i did the work with Austin SWAT.  their team leader is Jeff Crawford.  the filming portion i did with them was at the APD Academy Firearms Range.  i didn't go out on any raids or anything taticool.  i just lent them a few weapons to fire on film and hung out in the background while they fired them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]
[paging RenegadeX]

IM me your address again.  f***kng stupid me i forgot to save the IM and it got erased.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i dont know if this is the same show i was working with here in Austin, but if it is, it is going to be awesome.

i was working with a guy named Jeff Chagrin who was filming a series called "Texas SWAT" for Court TV.  Jeff is a combat photographer.  he has been shot in a taxicab in Afghanistan in 1992, among other things.  he did combat photography in Afghanistan, South Africa, and Bosnia, amongst other places.  he is a Brit.

anyway the program i worked on has 27 episodes, each episode dedicated to one Texas SWAT agency.  i assisted in the filming with Austin SWAT.  basically they needed a few C3 guns for filming on the range.

i let them shoot a full auto UZI and Glock 18.  they blew up a few watermelons, 5 gallon water jugs, and 2 liter soda bottles.

i don't know if i'll get any credit for it on the episode, but oh well.  at least i helped out!  i did get the 8 minute promo DVD with the Dallas SWAT team.  Steve Claggett was interviewed extensively in this DVD, so i'm thinking it is the same thing.

What would piss me off to no end, and especially if I were you, is if those same firearms were used as an example of what was available to "common citizens," from the backs of ice cream trucks, as a result of the AWB being lifted, and as "justification" for a new, enhanced AWB..........

But hopefully, the dudes you lent them to were good guys.  :: fingers crossed ::
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top