Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:58:19 AM EDT
Well folks as some of you know I live in Texas. I am just n. of Houston in Spring about 70 miles from the coast. I am going to have a full house of family. We have beans & bullets. I will be posting pictures of my area before and after (when the power comes back on). We did not flood in T.S. Allison so we are not to worried about floodwaters. We will have to deal with hurricane force winds for 4 to 12 hours they say. I will keep my comp on tell the power goes out and try and update as I can. Kinda busy on getting ready.

I know we have a few folks in the Houston area. I hope you and yours come thought this in good shape.
stay safe!
Knight
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]

I'm with ya brother - just a few miles west of you in Jersey Village/Bear Creek area - stay safe.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm here too...NW Houston (Grant @ Jones).  Bought some Taquila today for Ritas.  Plenty of food/water/ammo and about 4 days off from work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Jones and 1960 here.  Got food, water and guns.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#4]
good luck guys
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Copperfield for me.  Keep your fingers crossed, but storm is trending east.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I45 and gulfbank  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Kingwood for us. Got food,water,bullets & BEER
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My folks are at Little York and Airline...They, sisters and children are heading to DFW this AM...a fricking major traffic jam.  Hope they have enough gas to get up here (I told them to get extra back up containers for gas for this trip).  No cell phones are working, as expected.
 At least, they have some firearms with them--just in case.

wish them the best of luck, to do have 45n open now both n and s flowing n from the woodland to buffalo.
yea my cell has been acting up, try using text messaging that seems to work good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Copperfield for me.  Keep your fingers crossed, but storm is trending east.  

Copperfielf also.  We're getting the house ready, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#12]
i spoke with family that are in the cellphone business and was told to keep redialing! the circuits are busy cause everyone and their momma is trying to use the phone and they are going into overload. once in a while there is an opening and the call goes through
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#13]
 I will be ridding Hurricane Rita out  

I live in Baytown and definately will not be riding that monster out.
The wife and I made the 8 hour trip already.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]
1960/Cypresswood area, right off 249 where NO possible "type" people will be stuck in traffic and then the real stupid ones will be on there stuck when the storm hits.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#15]
It's gonna rain a little in Houston.  I think God hates Cajuns
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#16]
We will be riding the storm out here in Liberty.  They are going crazy around here.  I had to get my mom from the nursing home.  She is staying with us.  We got everything battened down and tied down.  

These women are driving me crazy.  

On a pleasant note, it only took me an hour and a half, to get home yesterday, and that was at 4.  It normally only takes me 45 min.  I'm staying put till at least monday.  Likely we will have power outages.  I just hope that they won't last too long.

Stay safe everyone.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's gonna rain a little in Houston.  I think God hates Cajuns

+1, I have a feeling it will move back towards Louisiana, and we'll get some rain.  God willing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well folks as some of you know I live in Texas. I am just n. of Houston in Spring about 70 miles from the coast. I am going to have a full house of family. We have beans & bullets. I will be posting pictures of my area before and after (when the power comes back on). We did not flood in T.S. Allison so we are not to worried about floodwaters. We will have to deal with hurricane force winds for 4 to 12 hours they say. I will keep my comp on tell the power goes out and try and update as I can. Kinda busy on getting ready.

I know we have a few folks in the Houston area. I hope you and yours come thought this in good shape.
stay safe!
Knight

Knight...I'm right here in Spring with you over in Memorial Northwest...we're as ready as we can be.  We have a good neighboorhood and folks helping each other out here. I only know of one person on my street who left. The rest of us are here and planning to stay....

See you 'round town!

Gringo
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Out in Conroe's west side. We're good to go here. Local gas stations wiped-out as of last night. No water to be found, all local stores shutting down.
Sounds like the plot of a cheap monster flick!!
As for me and the missus, we're kicked-back w/plenty beans,bread and water (yep,ammo if needed ) Don't think it'll be neccesary, but my ar's could use a cleanin'...
God Bless y'all and your families...
Oilfieldtrash - over and out....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Sticking it out at N. Post Oak and 610.  Will try to post photos as possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm dispatching Katy fw / Barker Cypres.  My rents are near blalock / katy fw.  My dept has back up genorators so i will try and stay online aslong as the t1 holds.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#22]
a amigo of mine will be working for harris co. pct. 4 will start working 12's tomorrow. i think only a few people on my street are bugging out. most of the folks here are staying.

for all the police, firemen and medics out protecting the public, my best wishes go out to you all!

eta

Knight...I'm right here in Spring with you over in Memorial Northwest...we're as ready as we can be.  We have a good neighboorhood and folks helping each other out here. I only know of one person on my street who left. The rest of us are here and planning to stay....

See you 'round town!

Gringo

Hey i know that area, my 96 year old grandma go to a doc at the nw med center
Take it easy!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We will be riding the storm out here in Liberty.  They are going crazy around here.  I had to get my mom from the nursing home.  She is staying with us.  We got everything battened down and tied down.  

These women are driving me crazy.  

On a pleasant note, it only took me an hour and a half, to get home yesterday, and that was at 4.  It normally only takes me 45 min.  I'm staying put till at least monday.  Likely we will have power outages.  I just hope that they won't last too long.

Stay safe everyone.  

Born and raised in Liberty.  Was about 6 then when alicia came through.  I don't remember much about it though because my mom worked for city hall and my dad was the police chief there.  Wait, I remember something, I got dumped at the day care while they worked!

Hope my hometown comes out ok.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Here in Spring also down the road from CartersCountry. Not worried about the flood just the wind. Alot of tall pine trees around. And yes I visted Carters a few days ago so looters beware!!!
Be safe to everyone out there, God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Iwork in Tyler (Smith Co SO) and the gas stations and roads are just full of people from the Galveston, Houston, costal area.  I've been here in the area for 40 years and have never seen anything like this great movement of people through the area by vehicle.  Gas is becoming short on demand due to the large amount of people topping off or just filling up to continue to move north.   I've been down south toward Crockett and the road Hwy 19/287 is packed headed north even late at night and in the early mornings. Hwy 69 south toward Jacksonville and Lufkin is also the same way.  This is going to be interesting in our area as they predict the storm to track up through Tyler and stay here for a few days dropping more water than the area can take.  Looks like its going to be long days for us on the street as they expect lots of tree damage, power outage, flooding low areas etc.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#27]
My family lives on Antoine and Little York/ Victory and they said they have seen signs of people trying to loot some of the empty homes in what’s left of their neighborhood.  I hope everybody has plenty of ammo, and please stay safe and be careful.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#28]
the bitch has not even hit yet and the scum bags are popping up. hisd pd busted 4 punks breaking into a school.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#29]
My older brother (armed) and the one of the neighbors (armed) scared this group of guys away.  The family was going to head out to their weekend home in Hockley, but after this they are staying put.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
the bitch has not even hit yet and the scum bags are popping up. hisd pd busted 4 punks breaking into a school.

There are always kids breaking into the schools.  

We had some guys in my patrol area, on a stolen golf cart, wednesday night casing houses to burglarize.  My brother, also a cop, drove up on them and they ran off and got away.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#31]
all ok here. the houston area dodged a bullet. the hurricane hit east of us. we got a little rain some heavy winds. we have debris from trees all over the place. main prob around here was power outages. mine was out for 14 hr. no biggie. the poor people in far east Texas and sw LA got hammered. they are going to need help with the aftermath of this storm.

thoughts and prayers go out to the people in the path of rita!

oh i know i said i would post before and after pics. but why waste bandwidth. all i have is some cloud pictures and limbs down.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are always kids breaking into the schools.  

We had some guys in my patrol area, on a stolen golf cart, wednesday night casing houses to burglarize.  My brother, also a cop, drove up on them and they ran off and got away.  

his long ostrage legs couldnt catch up or what?  glad hes ok
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top