Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
"GOD BLESS TEXAS!"

---Woody---
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I spent most of the day Monday helping put some phone lines in the National guard armory in Bonham. Heard lots of thank you's, God Blesses, and on more than one occasion......why are you Texans always happy and smiling?

Heard stories that confirmed a lot of what we've been hearing good and bad. Some want to stay here.....most can't wait to go back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"GOD BLESS TEXAS!"

---Woody---

Anybody else erver notice that "converts" are the worst fanatics?hahahhaha
Not flaming ya' Woody...just "ribbing" ya'...welcome to the jungle.....  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked for 5 hours on sunday and last night provided a house of 30 refugees for food enough for at least three days. Do I want a medal? No, I want the rest of the country to not think were a bunch of racist bastards like they make us out to be.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ft Worth, Dallas,.

Dallas comes before Ft. Worth.....Hello, D/FW.

I am damned proud of my state.  In the words of a NOLA evacuee(sp?) in Dallas this week, "We have much love for Texas.  They made us feel at home here.  Many of us have been taken into their homes.  We have much love for Texas, and Texas<stop whimper> has much love for us."

After seeing some of the spoiler type evacuees, this mans quotes made me feel more of the pride that I've felt in Texas all of my life.

GBT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I spent most of the day Monday helping put some phone lines in the National guard armory in Bonham. Heard lots of thank you's, God Blesses, and on more than one occasion......why are you Texans always happy and smiling?

Heard stories that confirmed a lot of what we've been hearing good and bad. Some want to stay here.....most can't wait to go back.

Sorry I missed you!  I'm pulling 12:30 - 7:30 am duty with the State Guard.  Come back in the middle of the night and say hi!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top