Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
welcome to texas!  you've been OWNED!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I love how the wardens are in their hip boots
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen that same picture.  Elsewhere I read that the LEO's took the postal truck back, but then let the perpetrators go, nowhere to put them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]
This reminds me of a story my mother told me.

Her boss was speeding somewhere in TX and he was pulled over. The officer got his window and asked him if he knew how fast he was going. The boss looked at him and asked what agency he worked for. When the officer told him that he was a game warden the boss told him to fuck off and proceeded to drive away. The boss spent the weekend in jail.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Her boss was speeding somewhere in TX and he was pulled over. The officer got his window and asked him if he knew how fast he was going. The boss looked at him and asked what agency he worked for. When the officer told him that he was a game warden the boss told him to fuck off and proceeded to drive away. The boss spent the weekend in jail.

Humm.....evading in texas is a felony....if he was charged i bet it was more then a weekend in jail.  after all the court house is usually closed on the weekend.  It coulda been pleaded down to misdamenor....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Only in the last few years did evading become a felony;it used to be a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]
The only thing I see wrong with that last pic.....no bullet holes in the zombies......
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Guess the out-of-staters got introduced to the fact that Game Wardens are full-fledged LEO in Texas, with all the rights thereof......good on the GW's.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Guess the out-of-staters got introduced to the fact that Game Wardens are full-fledged LEO in Texas, with all the rights thereof......good on the GW's.

LEOs have no rights over & above what people have.

LEOs do, however, use some powers and authority delegated to them.

Where does this power & authority come from? It comes from you & me, "ordinary" citizens.

We are in charge, not the cops, not the government. We elect them & hire them to work for us, not to rule us.
Why do people keep forgetting this?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw the arrival of refugees in Lubbock on FOX and they aren't fucking around. There were more LEO there than refugees. They also had dogs sniffing all of the bags.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I saw the arrival of refugees in Lubbock on FOX and they aren't fucking around. There were more LEO there than refugees. They also had dogs sniffing all of the bags.

We got about 500 here in Denton.  The PD, SO and a couple of neighboring agencies were there to meet them.  They took them off one bus at a time and searched their persons and luggage. They recovered several weapons (not firearms) and a moderate amount of narcotics.

Go figure.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#16]
HOT DAMN!

Way to go--WHAT'S THE GW BAG LIMIT!

Turn them out with leg-irons on some local chain gang cleaning up the highway from "Trucker's Tea jugs!"

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Humm.....evading in texas is a felony....if he was charged i bet it was more then a weekend in jail.  after all the court house is usually closed on the weekend.  It coulda been pleaded down to misdamenor....

Even if he did get arrested for felony evading he'd proabablyl be out the next day if he had someone to bail him out.  I've had felony arrests where I saw them the next night out of jail.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where does this power & authority come from? It comes from you & me, "ordinary" citizens.

We are in charge, not the cops, not the government. We elect them & hire them to work for us, not to rule us.

Don't feel like getting in a pissing match but the powers we have are given to us by the laws.  We only work for the public not get out powers from the.  

Now don't think I'm coming across as a special class of citizen but just pointing out a fact.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
HOT DAMN!

Way to go--WHAT'S THE GW BAG LIMIT!

Turn them out with leg-irons on some local chain gang cleaning up the highway from "Trucker's Tea jugs!"

You're kidding, right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag..
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They are supposed to have pretty good amount of extra security working at the reese AFB where the refugees are to be staying.  Thats also were the Lubbock PD's academy is.  Let the rookies practice their arrests in real time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

OK, "powers" would have been a better word than "rights". I was merely pointing out the fact that Game Wardens are sworn peace officers in the State of Texas, while they may not be in other states.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Only in the last few years did evading become a felony;it used to be a misdemeanor.

Yep, and only if you run in a vehicle. Running on foot is still just a class A.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't feel like getting in a pissing match but the powers we have are given to us by the laws.  We only work for the public not get out powers from the.  

Now don't think I'm coming across as a special class of citizen but just pointing out a fact.  

Oh Lord... Please don't be stupid. This is a simple concept.

All government powers are delegated to it by the people. The laws defining the power and authority police may use are put in place by our government. Follow the trail and you'll find that it leads back to ordinary folks like you & me.

If you, as a police officer, rely solely on the laws as written you will eventually end up in deep trouble. If you enforce a “legal” law that blatantly violates a person’s rights, what are you going to do? Say you were just following orders?

As a police officer, you swear an oath to uphold the Constitution and probably the laws of the US and of the state. You may also want to realize that any law repugnant to the Constitution is null & void. You might “legally” enforce such a law, though the “…just following orders” defense has been tried before. It’s thin soup when standing in a court of law, or if you're standing before an angry bunch of citizens.

If I were a police officer, I would think about what I'd do in a situation where I was asked (oredered) to enforce laws that just aren't right. That's a heck of a tough/stressful situation to be in, and I think you know that's the wrong time to be making tough decisions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top