Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2005 6:50:19 PM EDT
TDSA-DALLAS will be holding a Ladies Only Handgun course.

August 27th - 9am to 5pm (w/1 hr lunch)

Course Details:
This is a beginners class for ladies who often want to learn about handguns and/or become more proficient with a handgun, but don't want to do it in the presence of other male shooters, and/or their significant others. If you fit that description, then this is the class for you.

We will cover:

SAFETY
The basics of handguns
Different types of handguns
How they work
How to care for them
How to properly grip your gun
How to align your sights
How to properly pull the trigger
At the conclusion of this class, you will be more proficient and comfortable with your handgun, and have a high level of confidence regarding the use of firearms. If your desire is to attain a Concealed Handgun License, you will be able to qualify with the utmost assurance.

When you complete this course, you will be ready for further training in a higher level of self defense proficiency and/or competition.

We will start in the classroom, then move outside where you will shoot approximately 200 rounds through your gun. Other handguns will be available to shoot as well, if you would like to compare.

Handgun experience is NOT required for this class.

Cost: $75  ***$20 off for all ARFCOMers wifes,sisters,friends..etc***

If you are interested, please contact us at 972 217 1182

Be safe,

Leonard

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anything more advanced for the ladies?

TDSA has Advanced Pistol Levels 1-3, all of which will progress you much further than the basic ladies only class.  All of the AP classes are 2 days in length, normal cost is $350 but TDSA does have different prices for TDSA members, family, friends, etc...

mm
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
SP1Grrl,

If you, or any other ARFCOMer is interested in Advanced training... Just call us, and mention you saw it here on AR15.com forum... and I will personally give you $50 off any Advanced Pistol/Shotgun/Carbine course.

Any questions... feel free to contact me personally at 817 455 6135.

Be safe,

Leonard
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a friend in Dallas who is interested, but she doesn't have her own gun (yet).  Will range guns be available?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a friend in Dallas who is interested, but she doesn't have her own gun (yet).  Will range guns be available?

Yes.  There will be range guns for her to use.  

We will have several guns out there for the Ladies to try out.  We will offer suggestions on different makes and models.  

The main goal is for the Lady to become completely familiar and comfortable with the weapon of her choosing.  

Feel free to contact me at 817 455 6135 for more details.

Be safe,
Leonard
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#7]
She should be calling you in the next day or two.  She's pretty excited about the class.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
TDSA-DALLAS will be holding a Ladies Only Handgun course.

August 27th - 9am to 5pm (w/1 hr lunch)

Course Details:
This is a beginners class for ladies who often want to learn about handguns and/or become more proficient with a handgun, but don't want to do it in the presence of other male shooters, and/or their significant others. If you fit that description, then this is the class for you.

We will cover:

SAFETY
The basics of handguns
Different types of handguns
How they work
How to care for them
How to properly grip your gun
How to align your sights
How to properly pull the trigger
At the conclusion of this class, you will be more proficient and comfortable with your handgun, and have a high level of confidence regarding the use of firearms. If your desire is to attain a Concealed Handgun License, you will be able to qualify with the utmost assurance.

When you complete this course, you will be ready for further training in a higher level of self defense proficiency and/or competition.

We will start in the classroom, then move outside where you will shoot approximately 200 rounds through your gun. Other handguns will be available to shoot as well, if you would like to compare.

Handgun experience is NOT required for this class.

Cost: $75  ***$20 off for all ARFCOMers wifes,sisters,friends..etc***

If you are interested, please contact us at 972 217 1182

Be safe,

Leonard

Hmmmm.....

I'm giving beginner bowling lessons for women only. I will teach you correct form, follow through and such.
My acclaimed "spoon" training method has been imitated by countless men around the world, but now YOU have the opportunity to learn from the master
...and I will make money while doing it.

My bowling lanes are adorned with special "exotic" wood from matagascarstan, and can only withstand my weight, plus no more than an additional 140 lbs. Unfortunatelly I cannot teach any female over 140 lbs because of this.

Some beginners may require the paper bag method I have pioneered. This method involves a paper "hood" for training purposes. It can teach you proper form by not allowing your eyes to fool you and impede your training...yeah...that's it.

I will also be giving a free extended lesson to one lady out of the group, chosen by me at random.
A $199 value...ABSOLUTELY FREE. Reserve your spot today. Classes are feeling up..I mean filling up fast!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ammo costs?  or is it included?

TRG

Ammo is not included in the cost of the course.  200 rounds are recomended, Blazer, UMC, Win White Box are suggested as you don't need the added expense of the high end stuff unless that is the ammo you want to use for the course.

At least the range guns I'll take to the range will have ammo for them....as well as an ice chest full of water and gatorade.  I think the other range members and the instructors that will be loaning firearms will have ammo for them also.  

I'm a range member and not an instructor, so for the most part I'll be doing something useful like reparing the target stands and mowing the grass.

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top