Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 9:14:44 AM EDT
I read this forum every day. I see lots of posts about stories of CHL holders being involved in shootings. I would be curious to see a few posts from actual folks who frequent the forum who have actually been in a situation where they had to act to defent property or persons. I'm curious to hear from folks so that we can all learn what it's really like rather than a lot of the "what would I do" stuff. I know what I would like to think I would do, but I've never been in a situation where I had to pull my gun. I know from first hand experience (as a firefighter) what it's like to think what you would do in a stressful situation and be in a situation and then have it turn out differently.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Tread lightly here gentleman.  Do to the litigious nature of out society bragging about ones actions may bring abut civil suits.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I was confronted by a man waving a gun at me.  
The thing I kept thinking was stay calm, focus on the BG, and the thing that matters I believe the most...TIMING IS EVERYTHING.  
I got the drop on this guy after a gun was pointed at me.  No shots fired and no life taken.
I feel this result was a combination of timing, bad judgement(on BG part), and luck.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]

I got the drop on this guy after a gun was pointed at me.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
BG approached from about 20 feet away.  BG already had the weapon out he then started waving it around.  This is when I chose to act.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
BG follows my GF home from work, waits 10 minutes to come to door of upstairs apartment.
BG knocks on door, many, many times, very loudly. Through peep hole I can see he's both drunk, and armed with a small bat.
I open door slightly, ask him politely to leave. BG insist his "girlfriend" is in there with me and my girlfriend, starts to get agitated and aggressive.
I stick 1911 literally between his eyes, he takes two or three steps backwards, and literally falls down stairs, subsequently cracking his skull, and hurting his leg.
I dial 911, they tell me officers are already on the way, I put 1911 away, since threat has been "neutralized" by falling down stairs.
PD shows up, takes statements from me, GF, neighbor who called cops. BG spends night in jail/hospital.

Lesson learned? Be calm, and be in control of the situation. I also turned two gun haters in to gun lovers that night.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#6]

I also turned two gun haters in to gun lovers that night.

That's worth a few statements of explanation.   Please, do tell.

CMOS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top