Lee P. Brown 1998-2004

Bill White   2004-pres.

I know it is hard to pick just one
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Laura Miller

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
the brown guy, now the white guy...........
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Lee is still able to get votes!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Youngsters....

Y'all forget the Louie Welch years!

Corruption at it's finest....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#5]
damn i get the feeling that we all think brown sucked as mayor. hate to see what would be said about him as police chief or drug czar.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Youngsters....

Y'all forget the Louie Welch years!

Corruption at it's finest....

I am sure there were others before Welch that were bad, and there have been several since that were/are poor, but Welch was really "special".   You also have to keep in mind that while Welch was in office, the HC Sheriff's office answered to no one.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Louie "We should just shoot the queers" Welch.

Yeah, nice guy. The phrase that ushered in the Whitmire years.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Let's not forget Hofheinz....

Wasn't Louie the mayor during good ole Herman Short's tenure?

Police Chief Herman Short never met a black person he couldn't hate..

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
did hofheinz or welch leave houston in as bad of financial shape or first responders moral as brown has? i remember the low moral among the police back when whitmire was in office. i do believe it was ever worse when brown was in. i honestly believe the only reason lanier back brown was that brown is a dem.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
did hofheinz or welch leave houston in as bad of financial shape or first responders moral as brown has? i remember the low moral among the police back when whitmire was in office. i do believe it was ever worse when brown was in. i honestly believe the only reason lanier back brown was that brown is a dem.

I think Welch was worse, financially than Hofheinz. Hofheinz was a money guy, but, not necessarily practical. He was a one term wonder
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#11]
we could on and on like how after brown they had to cut all city jailers. after welch well who knows. lets just face it houston has had some PISS POOR MAYORS!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top