Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 5:28:04 AM EDT
I am a new AR15 shooter and having a blast..I have had this new toy for a month now and have shot 750 rounds..

This is great fun.

I live in Garland..if anyone is local and like to go shoot these toys email me back.

I usually go to the out door range in Garland.

I am looking for some information on triggers, matched..different pulls Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#1]
welcome! and yeah these things are fun as hell and addicting too!

i think a good two stage trigger is the rra two stage tuned by woa

here's  a link to the ones adco sells, which is a dealer here on the forums

http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/whiteoak.cfm?page=woa

good luck and good shooting
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
JP is a good way to go.
single stage reliable.  1/10" length of pull.  no creep no over travel.  it just breaks and resets
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You mentioned JP, they have a standard for 75 or a more tweaked out one for 175 ...

Are these the ones you mentioned ?

Thanks for the replies for the new guy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
John,

I highly recommend the Accuracy Speaks trigger group.  I've shot and owned a few differenr aftermarket triggers but have finally settled on this for almost all of my AR's.

The AS trigger has NO adjustment screws (that could come out of adjustment and or effect SHTF reliability), which was a requirement of mine.  You'll get a short, crisp, 4 lb. pull on this trigger.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
John,
       All I did to mine was perform the 15 minute trigger job.  It's smooth, easy, and has a light pull.  I think Chip McCormick has a new drop-in trigger for the AR.  Sportsman's Guide sells them for $160 or so.  Good luck and welcome.  I live in McKinney.  Come on up to Collin County Gun Range, and we'll burn some rounds.  See ya at Gunstock?
            Peace,
               Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately I will be in Vegas this weekend..the woman has some free room stuff and I have never been. I didnt know about Gunstock when she booked it back in June.

Is this going to be a big flee market, demos..?? I will have to go next year is it always in Waco or what ?

Thanks for the info, I did see the chip mcormick stuff..I thought is was pricy but I guess you get what you pay for.

I shoot in garland and havent been to collin county range..how about some direction from 75 ??

I havent talked much with other owners to get shooting tips mods ect.. I have the scope set good and and get them solid at 100yds, that is the longest range I have been on so far.

Man this is fun stuff..already blown off 750 rds so far in 3 weekends.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#7]
How do I get one of those and what is the cost..??

Do you shoot in the DFW area ?

thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]
John11167,
      Others may disagree, but I would suggest that you try the 15 minute trigger job first.  See how you like the feel of the trigger in regards to smoothness and pull.  You may find that is all you need to do.  If you want something more, then an aftermarket trigger assembly may be necessary.
      CCGR is easy to get to..........just go East at Hwy. 380 in McKinney and continue East through several lights.  After you've gone a few miles(maybe 3?) you'll see the gun range on the right(South) side of 380.  You can't miss their sign.
      Gunstock is more shooting and good company than a flea market, although numerous vendors will be there.  Hope to see you next year.  Good shooting with your new toy.
                Peace,
                     Dragonfire52

www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html  Here's the trigger job information.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:51:21 AM EDT
[#9]
What is a 15 minute trigger job ??

I have reviewed many triggers from 80 - 300..I dont think I need anything that expensive, just some thing quality..

Thanks,
John

ps I will take a trip up the one of these days. Let me know when you may be there so we can meet and burn some rounds..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top