Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:48:01 PM EDT
Friend works at the Lincoln Plaza building downtown that a law firm just moved out of.  They left stuff to be disposed of that might be worth something to some.

There are thousands of matched set law books - federal law of some type.  I imagine that all of that stuff is CD or online and the books nowadays might be exclusively for show.

Banks and banks of big wood shelves to hold the above library.

Big corner type office desks - not perfect but serviceable.

At least one IBM typewriter.

Big file cabs where the doors swing up and then slide into the unit horizontally.  Lots of regular file cabs too.

Anybody interested in this stuff?  they're just gonna haul it off eventually.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is this stuff?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Interested in the bookshelves.  What's the info?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Lincoln Plaza - going s on 75, exit ross, go right (west), l on Ackard (sp?)  Easy to find.  It's in "downtown" downtown Dallas.  Skyscraper in the middle of skyscrapers.

bookshelves are built just deep enough to comfortably store these books - approx 8' tall

these things are long, but they're in sections - stained, finished wood - built "into" the office, oiw, they have their bottom edges protected with a wall strip like you would see in a linoleum hall - this comes right off - sorry if I'm not explaining well

they are not something you would buy at the furniture store, they are shelves that you would have installed by a remodeling company/office space design outfit

they are in excellent A+ numero uno shape

as for quantity, you wouldn't sound dumb expressing the amount of books in *tons* - no shit!

a night time hookup would be best - that's when my friend works, no tennants to annoy, and NO traffic AT ALL downtown late at night

hope I answered the Q's

gotta hurry, they're emptying the place out soon
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Might be interested in a desk and some bookcases.  IM me your phone # to make arrangements.

JB
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top