Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 5:42:27 AM EDT
Just wanted to remind folks around space-city to be sure to go VOTE this Saturday.

Here's something you won't hear on Houston radio or TV. Was chatting w/ my landlord (HPD Sgt.) mon. afternoon about the local fireworks over the "pension" mess for COH employees.

He informed me that 613 HPD officers will be retiring this month and that the HPD Training Academy has been closed down. Also the mayor has stated "there will be no replacement officers hired".

Don't know how you feel about it, but I intend to vote NO on the proposal, as I'm against the stealing of COH retirement funds to cover up the fact that they are insolvent to the tune of $800 MILLION plus, due to the "borrowing" against it for the last couple decades by multiple city administrations.

Do the cops and other city workers a favor and go to the polls and JUST SAY NO, to the theft of pensions.

BTW, most of the 613 retiring PD officers have more than 25 years of service in.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah and the sorry ass city admins won't hire any new officers, even though they are already way shorthanded and have been for a few years, because of their deficit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top