Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2004 2:17:41 PM EDT
Cool!!

www.texasalmanac.com/

Get a copy from Sam's Club.  It was about seven bucks cheaper than ordering it.
This message brought to you by a guy that loves, and misses, Texas.......and wants to move back there SOMEDAY!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember going to the Lubbock Sam's club when I was living in NM 15 years ago... I think it was the nearest one.

What part of NM are you located?
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in Artesia, approx 70 miles west, or north, from TX.

If you know where Roswell and Carlsbad are, I am right in the middle of the two.  Right on the highyway(285) connecting them.  This is a great town, lived here for 22 years. With a 3 year spell in the middle of those 22 years in Sonora, TX, south of San Angelo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2004 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to live in Hobbs my senior year in High School. I was on the swim team.
Link Posted: 4/13/2004 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Now that is a coincidence McGrubbs.  As it turns out I have spent some time in Artesia myself thanks to my uncle and I was born in Sonora and grew up three.  We may know so of the same people.
Dave McDonald
Link Posted: 4/13/2004 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now that is a coincidence McGrubbs.  As it turns out I have spent some time in Artesia myself thanks to my uncle and I was born in Sonora and grew up three.  We may know so of the same people.
Dave McDonald

That is funny....

I lived in Sonora from Dec. 1991 thru August 1994.  

Artesia-1979 to 1991, 1994-present.
Link Posted: 4/13/2004 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#6]
    I lived in Belen, NM but wised up and went to Johnson county, TX in 1994. Now I am a Texian and am to old to remember where NM is.

T for Texas and than there are the others
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I was at Ft Bragg at the end of 91 then went to Germany until the end of 94
Dave
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to interrupt the conversation but I got a copy of Texas Almanac at the Sams in Plano. Just the mere suggestion of a really good resouce for all things Texan sent me right there to pick up one and a copy of Band of Brothers for my DVD library. Sams price on BofB is better than anywhere else.

Now if I could stay out of jail long enough to see the whole thing!
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
just dropping in to say hey to the folks out in the boonies. im a midland native
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
just dropping in to say hey to the folks out in the boonies. im a midland native

Midland is a nice place.  I have a brother living there.  Though he doesn't do much to add to the niceness.....

Monty
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I've lived in Midland a couple years, its a nice place. Amazing how it grew even though some oil companies moved away...
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a cousin that is a Det and SWAT member with Midland PD.  I guess you could say that he helps keep it a nice place.
Dave
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I live in Andrews here!! Just north of midland
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well I live in Andrews here!! Just north of midland

Been to Andrews MANY times.  Usually going thru, that is.....

Nice town, it seems!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've lived in Midland a couple years, its a nice place. Amazing how it grew even though some oil companies moved away...

Midland, eh, Energizer?  I'm in Lubbock (7+ years now, originally from Corpus area).  Don't seem to be too many of us from West Texas and/or Panhandle on these boards....
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
damn, alot of hometown folks around.....too bad tinleg doesnt post anymore it seems

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:05:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Midland, eh, Energizer?  I'm in Lubbock (7+ years now, originally from Corpus area).  Don't seem to be too many of us from West Texas and/or Panhandle on these boards....

I don't live there anymore... I have lived in Lubbock a couple years too... I now live in the DFW area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top