Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 10:20:12 AM EDT
Has anyone checked out this range just north of Florence? I know he used to run the gunstore at Tonys' near Leander. If so,  what are the fees and ranges you can shoot at  thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I went there yesterday, (after leaving Tonys N183 due to the new "No Rapid Fire Rules" and modification to the range -see post below for details on how the range has been pretty much ruined)

After leaving Tonys and driving 40+ miles to get there I figured I might as well try and find this new MinuteMan range which was just North of Florence.

I found the range, it is just North of Florence about a quarter mile into Bell County on 195.

Unfortunately there was a chain across the entrace that had signs that stated "Sorry we are Closed" and "No Tresspassing" hanging from it.

So I do not know if it is open yet or if I just hit it on a bad day.

There is a nice big new sign right off the road with the Name, Address, and Phone number.

I called the number and it just went to a generic voicemail box.

Anyway, yesterday was not the best day since I drove about 100 miles yesterday round trip Austin to Tonys N183, to MinuteMan, and back home without firing a single shot.

Not to mention I had a new XXX Warrior Suppressor and HK51 I wanted to try out.

It looks like HCR is the only game left in town for NFA/Evil Black Rifles, now the Tonys has been reworked.

James
Austin, Texas

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]
James  thanks for the reply.  Gun range closed on a Saturday? Hmm  Must have something to do with the holidays. Haven't been to Tonys' in a while,heard there was some kind of litigation going on there.Wonder what they consider"rapid fire"?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]
please let me know the status as it unfolds.  I went there early lastyear and shot, 1 round every 2 seconds type rule if I remember correctly.  I was down that way from North Dallas.  Thought about coming back down, not just for the range, and checking it out as I heard they were restructuring their rules.

c
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
jbntex, Do you still have that number to the Minuteman range?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
What the sign out front stated:

Minute Man Rifle Range

Guns, Ammunition, Accessories

24442 Hwy. 195  

254-793-4088

James
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks James.Will give him a call and see what his hours are.Been hibernating too long ,need to go shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top