Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 7:28:40 AM EDT
I read it in the paper yesterday.  Cabelas is looking at property in Buda, to build a store! (Buda is just south of Austin)  This would be the first Cabelas in the southwest.  Their stores are about the size of Super Walmart stores, packed with outdoors, sporting and hunting equipment galore, and attract around 30,000 people PER DAY!  

Hopefully we'll get it!  Cross your fingers, y'all!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
WOO HOO!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
That would be awesome.......and after Cabella's....Central Texas should try to get a "Shooters World"...... www.azshootersworld.com/
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh LORD!  Please let them build a Cabelas in Buda!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW I didn't know that many people knew of Buda!!! My wife's step-brother is the Mayor of Buda.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Well hell, Buda is only a few minutes south of Austin.  Y'all come on down!

I have my fingers crossed that they'll build it down here!

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Austin?
no way i am driving 3 hours to Austin to shop at Cabelas.  i like and shop the catalogs but all this is going to do is cause me to shop at Academy BassPro.  we have a BassPro in Houston.  it will also make everything Cabelas sells TAXABLE!
so you pay cost plus shipping and tax.  

i think they just shot themselves in the foot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Outstanding.....my wife has family in the Austin area so the next time we are there I have an excuse to leave.

I guess this www.texashatters.com/ wont be the only reason to go to Buda now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 it will also make everything Cabelas sells TAXABLE!

Agreed, they just killed their mail order business. Hope they plan on building stores in all major cities to make up for it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Austin?
no way i am driving 3 hours to Austin to shop at Cabelas.  i like and shop the catalogs but all this is going to do is cause me to shop at Academy BassPro.  we have a BassPro in Houston.  it will also make everything Cabelas sells TAXABLE!

I'll go just to say I have been there!

can't wait!

c
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top