Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 6:31:26 AM EDT
I see that the contact list isn't available anymore. If someone can forward me the lastest cut of the list, I'll get something set up on my website so individuals can maintain their own stuff.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a copy of the three lists at one time.

I am not sure why the lists were taken down.

Let me see what I can dig up.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have room on my webspace for the list to be hosted.  I can easily make it password protected.  If someone would email it to me, I'll be happy to put it up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know where bunghole has been in a while, but I know he had an old copy in excel.

Anyone have contact with him?

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Relax,

I found my copy of it.

It is still on the web.

It can be found Here:

info deleted, chek your IM TRG

TRG
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Yall............I'm not on the contact list!!!  Hep me, hep me please.  How can I be added?  Thanks for your help.
     Douglas Hayes
     Dragonfire52
     (H)972.562.0160
     (M)972.529.7981
     [email protected]
     McKinney

Peace, yall.  Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:28:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, first you might want to edit your post so that you're not posting all of your personal contact info on a public forum.

Second, I'm going to set up an editable form on my web site so members can add/update/delete their own information. It may take me a week or two to get it down, tho.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Well, first you might want to edit your post so that you're not posting all of your personal contact info on a public forum.

Yeah. How about removing the links, too. Only provide the links to those on the lists.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#10]
No problem.

I kept a copy of the original list, as a mirror, of the info maintained by Bunghole/Jeff.  Once he updated the info, he would send me a copy and I would re-post it.

The info is still posted, on those links.  If anyone else wants to maintain that list, feel free.  I am not going to add/change/remove/update/IM/inform everyone on those lists.

If someone else wants to take up that task, feel free.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:52:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I've already setup a facility for a new list but it's currenlty offline.

My question is who does/does not want a contact list of Texas members available and/or what security concerns or suggestions do you have?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#12]
My security concern is my unlisted home telephone number. The old list was only available to those ON the list and you had to have a telephone number to be placed on it. I don't have a problem sharing my telephone number with people I KNOW, but I'm not comfortable with things floating around for the world to see.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My security concern is my unlisted home telephone number. The old list was only available to those ON the list and you had to have a telephone number to be placed on it. I don't have a problem sharing my telephone number with people I KNOW, but I'm not comfortable with things floating around for the world to see.

Actually, the old list did not require you had a telephone number, and anyone was allowed on it...

I do think it should be more secure though. I have the latest list in case TRGs is out of date.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's what I can do for a security model...

Authentication: Access will be controlled via a login page where you provide your AR15.com user name and a password of your choosing. First time thru will require you to submit a request to me to setup your account. I will attempt to verify who you are on this board before granting access. Passwords will be of your own choosing. I will have no control over unauthorized access if members decide to share their credentials with unauthorized members/users.

Authorization: Once granted access you will be able to view the data of anyone on the list. You will be able to edit/update only your own data.

If this is an acceptable security model for the Texas Forum members please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just fuggedaboutit.

Also, this will be a new list. I will not migrate the old lists over. If you want on the new list, you will have to opt-in by sending me a request.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here's what I can do for a security model...

Authentication: Access will be controlled via a login page where you provide your AR15.com user name and a password of your choosing. First time thru will require you to submit a request to me to setup your account. I will attempt to verify who you are on this board before granting access. Passwords will be of your own choosing. I will have no control over unauthorized access if members decide to share their credentials with unauthorized members/users.

Authorization: Once granted access you will be able to view the data of anyone on the list. You will be able to edit/update only your own data.

If this is an acceptable security model for the Texas Forum members please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just fuggedaboutit.

Also, this will be a new list. I will not migrate the old lists over. If you want on the new list, you will have to opt-in by sending me a request.

Let go with the new list.  There have been a lot of changes from the old list.  My info from the old list is no longer the same.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#17]

bunghole began the old list on an Excel spreadsheet and emailed it to everyone on the list. Later on he set up a URL with a password. Either way is fine with me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
bunghole began the old list on an Excel spreadsheet and emailed it to everyone on the list. Later on he set up a URL with a password. Either way is fine with me.

The problem with the current list is that #1 it's out of date; #2 No one has the time to maintain the list; #3 the list is no longer available from the web.

I'm attempting to address all these concerns with the new list. #1 & #2 will be addressed by allowing individual list members to maintain their own information. #3 will be addressed by me hosting the list on my website. Doing this is no small task especially because of the privacy concerns. But I'm ready to go live with this provided there is a general concensus that this is a workable solution.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#20]
bigsapper, I have a established web site, also have a like minded web server, secure as one can be on the net. If ever interested, I can create a private forum. Just a idea and offering my service to fellow Texans.

TG
James

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
bigsapper, I have a established web site, also have a like minded web server, secure as one can be on the net. If ever interested, I can create a private forum. Just a idea and offering my service to fellow Texans.

TG
James

Bigsapper is already hosting the list on his web site. Check the other thread linked above your last post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top