Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 3:40:42 PM EDT
Hope everyone is safe and sound.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
And some people say there is no good reason to own an SUV!!!  At least I didn't get stuck on the way home.  Though I did have to paddle a bit.

308wood, did you survive?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And some people say there is no good reason to own an SUV!!!  At least I didn't get stuck on the way home.  Though I did have to paddle a bit.

Buy the biggest SUV or Truck you can afford if you live in Texas...
If for nothing else to combat the traffic!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It took me 1 hr 40 minutes to get home which is normally a 15-20 minute ride.  The water is still up over the curb on my street.

Yeah, trucks rule.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
We left downtown Houston at 3:30 and luckily made it home in Tomball 3 hours latter. Normally a 45 minute drive.

Saw a lot of folks stuck ih high water that didn't make home.

The Bayou City
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy the biggest SUV or Truck you can afford if you live in Texas...
If for nothing else to combat the traffic!!!

I agree, it was sad to watch all the people climbing on the center dividers like ants as I drove by in my Suburban.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahhh, this is nuthin.

But it sure is raining this evening. Yikes. I drove my car today, which was ok cause there wasn't much standing water on my way home. The Dodge Ram 4x4 is ready if it gets too bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Man I'm amazed I didn't get that ford crown vic of mine stuck so many times today.  We had this idiot deputy call out on the radio and tell everyone he was driving through high water up to his doors.  Needless to say he got stuck and everyone heard it and he'll be looking at a suspension for sure.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#8]
a slight sprinkle and all goes to hell down here, if its raining out and you drive more than 5 miles you'll come across at least one wreck it seems, somebody in a ford expedition rolled it enough times last night to bypass 37 north traffic onto 77 north........
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Buffalo Bayou is still up to Allen Parkeay and Memorial!  Freaking wild man.

Luckily, the Miata will float & I can use my AR as a paddle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Well......After work i went to starbucks got stuck there. After the water went down i went back to work but didnt have to stay long there were NO customers.  Then my friends called me up to tell me that their dad was stuck at shepard and washington.  thats where he had to get off of the bus because metro shutdown.  He was comming from  down town. I went up to 1960 & 249 to pick up his wife and daughter and proceeded to pick him up.  Then we drove back to Tomball/Magnolia area to drop them off.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#11]
i survived.
Rolled back into town during the maelstrom. from Huntsville to Pasadena took almost 3 hrs.  usually about 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Pardon my french but last night's storm was BULLSHIT!  I left work which is on San Felipe and Voss (galleria area) at 4:30.  Do you know it took me 1.5 hrs to make it 5 freakin blocks!!!!  Needless to say 45 of those minutes were spent on Chimney Rock alone.  610 was a mess with a lovely 18 wheeler full trailor and all, stuck in mud over his tires in the grassy median between the feeder and freeway at Beechnut. What a moron! As I idled along past the dome area.....I finally arrived in clearlake/League City about 7:30.  I just about had an ulcer over the whole experience.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#13]
N Texas is getting hit with rain too... not as bad as Houston though. Right now it windy and rainy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
from Huntsville to Pasadena took almost 3 hrs.  usually about 45 minutes.

How fast do you drive that you can do it in 45mins!?  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#15]
my mistake,  i meant Spring
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from Huntsville to Pasadena took almost 3 hrs.  usually about 45 minutes.

How fast do you drive that you can do it in 45mins!?  

Yeah no kidding.  I have a real hard time believing you can make it from huntsville to pasadena in 45 minutes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top