Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 9:08:56 PM EDT
for a combination hunting fishing license? A super combo with all the duck stamps is $52. Thank you Ann Richards for starting this no tax tax increase stuff. The only thing you can hunt on YOUR OWN EFFIN PROPERTY with out a license now is feral hogs. You cant even fish on your own property for goodness sakes. No wonder hunting and fishing is beginning to die off with each generation now.

BTW Academy Sports in Plano is selling Mossberg 12 guage pumps with synthetic stocks for $139. I'm shotgun poor and I almost bought one just because they are so damn cheap. Ammo was another problem though. No more boxes of $1.99 8 shot this year. The cheapest I saw was around $4 a box. Glad I still have some of the cheap stuff left over from last year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
$52.00 ??????
Did I pay $40.00 last year or what???
I can't remember.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The only thing you can hunt on YOUR OWN EFFIN PROPERTY with out a license now is feral hogs.

You cant even fish on your own property for goodness sakes.

Wrong on both.

Hogs require a license.

You can still fish, on your private property without a fihing license.  (unless the laws have been changed since Sept 1, 2002)

TRG
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I understand, a hunting license will not be required to hunt hogs effective September 1, 2003.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought of you when I read that the other day Goat.

Your right about the fishing. On page 28 in the new book it says: You are not required to have a fishing license to fish in private waters in Texas, but, if you are on private property while fishing in public water, a fishing license is required. Thats what I get for not reading the dang book and listening to the wanker behind the counter at Wally World.

A lifetime combo license is $1000. If the rates keep going up that might not be a bad deal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]

I think that you don't need a license to fish inside the boundaries of a state park now. Does not include boat fisherman, only bank. I'll look for a link.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
i just took my stupid ass gov't mandated hunters safety course horseshit and i can tell you that according to the new law, you can hunt feral hogs on your property without a license, or on anothers property if they've given you permission to shoot them because they are a nuisance.

at least thats what i was told
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#7]
According to the TSRA, after June 1, 2003 you could hunt feral hogs on your own property, or on another's property if you were an agent (work for them).
As far as needing a hunting license for hunting on your own property, I say screw it.  This is my property.  Besides, I process my own.  
Texas doesn't have an income tax, they have user fees, and licenses.  They have figured out that anything fun should cost you.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:41:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the TPWD Hunting and Fishing Regulations.

Here is what it says:  A hunting license is required of any person, regardless of age, who hunts any animal or bird in this state, except an alligator hunting license is required to hunt alligators.  

I have read through the book.  I did not see anything, anywhere that said a hunting license was no longer necessary to hunt hogs.

*Update*

Well...I just hit the website and checked there:

Texas Parks and Wildlife

"NEW LAW: A landowner (resident or non-resident) or the landowner's agent or lessee may take feral hogs causing depredation on the landowner's land without having acquired a hunting license, but all laws and regulations governing hunter education still apply."

So.  It does not say that you do not need a license to hunt hogs.  Strictly interpretted you would only be allowed to hunt the hogs if they were causing depredation (damage or loss).

If you were hunting them for 'grins and giggles' then you would not be in compliance with the law.  

Game Warden:  Let me see your hunting license.
Hunter:  I was only hunting hogs.
Game Warden:  Why?
Hunter:  Just for fun.  I had a little spare time on my hands, decided it sounded like something fun to hunt.
Game Warden:  Have they been rooting around here alot?
Hunter:  No, not really, I haven't seen any sign of them out here.
Game Warden:  Here's your ticket for hunting without a license.

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top