Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 3:09:49 PM EDT
I am getting bored and restless.  I have been considering hosting another BBQ and beer day at my place but I have a question/concern.

My wife does not like the sound of 20 AR15s blasting through the woods.

And..I gotta admit, I am more comfortable among 'quiet' company than I once would admit.  Although it is perfectly legal to shoot on my property, it is easier to relax when I do not have to worrry about the liability of errant rounds.

If I put a couple of briskets on the smoker, chilled a keg, and extended and invitation in late September, would anyone like to come down for a Saturday/Sunday get together?

No guns.  Just BBQ, beer, and good people?

The last 'non-gun' invitation I sent out went over like a lead balloon.

If you think you would be interested, let me know.

TRG

PS.  As for 'cost' the previous system of tossing into a hat to cover meat, beer, sides has worked pretty well.  5.00 per person ussually covers everything.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What the HELL was I thinking?

There is ALREADY a BBQ, shooting and event planned in Waco on September 13th.  Scratch my idea, I will see you all in WACO!!!

Now..laterin' the fall, I might get the itch to entertain you miscreants again, but for now, WACO on the 13th it is!

TRG
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice gesture, TRG - see you in Waco!
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Damn straight!

The 13th, at John Tillman's range.  Gunfire, good people, BBQ and after the guns are stored, cold BEER!  

They were already planning a shoot, with free classes and food.  Let's ALL jump in a make that the place, not my little hick place in East Texas.  Let's do it RIGHT in Waco!

See you all there!

From John Tillman via IM regarding a BBQ and shoot:

"Saturday after matches say at about 14:00 - on would be a great time to do this. We could also have a night shoot, spend the night at the range, drink beer, eat BBQ, etc... We have a grill / smoker. Let me know man. You work it out, I'll provide the range, (at no charge to AR15.com bubba's) Let me know a date, and it's done! Let me know, John T."

What else can you say except.. OH HELL YEAH!!  See you at the range!

Can NOT wait!  Mojo?  You still gonna bring some of your 'POS' Class 3 shit?

TRG
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Fugg'n-A-Right Baby!!! Rock'n-N-Waco on 9/13!!!  

TRG, if you cook it, I will come.  I'll even show up early and lend a hand if you need it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah i'd eat your BBQ.  after that pig at ETH's i trust your cookin......sorta.

let me know in advance so i can scheduel off from work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yeah i'd eat your BBQ.  after that pig at ETH's i trust your cookin......sorta.

let me know in advance so i can scheduel off from work.

Lettin' ya know right now.  Sept 13, 2003 at John Tillman's range (the locationg of Gunstock) I will be there, Dp, Tate, Mojo and many many more will eb there to shoot, learn, laugh, eat and more.

As for the BBQ, of there is a smoker nearby, I am in BABY!

TRG
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
i'll check with my boss.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]
TRG wants people to show up and eat his meat ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#9]

I'll be there, with my POS C3 shits (Title 2 items, for those 'anal' about the term) with me.  BTW, I should pick M11s today (finally).

I'll bring some adult beverages and chips.

Thanks, John T.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like
Energizer
SuperAlpha
drjeffallen
ilikelegs
bigsapper
eric the hun
commanderjb
will be at the Pistol Tactical training in McKinny that day.[>(]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Wish I could go... could you make it another day since several of us will be at the pistol shoot that day?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
If you cook it will I come,

probably not, but I may be breathing hard for ya.

I'll try to get there.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Could you tell more about the Sept.13th event near Waco? Is it just folks showing up to shoot, eat & hang out?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Could you tell more about the Sept.13th event near Waco? Is it just folks showing up to shoot, eat & hang out?

thanks

As I understod it, from another thread on the topic John Tillman is opening his range for an 'open house' of sorts.  Free range, free classes with a free BBQ.

Beer drinking and carousing to be at the range after the gunfire abates.

He has also generously offered this same invitation be available every couple of months if the interest is there.  "If you guys want to make another date, say once every two months, let me know."

I think the Gunstock forum and the Texas Hometown forum have posts about the September 13th event at the range.  I do not have them handy but I am sure they will be posted here ASAP.

Mojo?  You got the link handy?

TRG
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Bad news...Sept schedule just came out and I gotta work the 13th.  That is if I'm not part of the 25% Reduction In Force at work.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top