Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 11:58:16 PM EDT
Legs, whats the scoop on the book?

You finished it?  Passed it on?

It's not a coffee table book.  (The one I want everyone to read anyway).

Get on the ball boy.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Shit, I'm only half way through it.
I'll go buy myself a copy and give it back to ya.
Its worth having in my collection anyway.
I'm a slow reader with all the freelance I do
when I get home at night.

My cat pissed on it. Hope you don't mind the smell.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a copy in behind the seat of my truck.. next post that says " ill take " gets it .
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My cat pissed on it. Hope you don't mind the smell.

Now there's a Dinner Pic I want to see, cat, the other "white" meat....

Mike
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Not looking for it to be returned just yhet, just want it to be passed on so everyone can read it.  If you ain't done.  finish it, then pass it on.

Cluster, that's exactly what we need.  

I bet shortly, you'll have a taker.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
" ill take "
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless it is a 'Pop-Up' picture book, you can forget about ILL reading it.

BTW, if anyone else has a copy laying around, throw it to me.  I have checked the local bookstores for it, all they have are the hardbacks.  I want something that I can toss into my truck and read while I am waiting for hogs to show up.  No need to worry about getting it ripped, torn, bloodstained.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
" ill take "

Check you IM .

Cluster
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Unless it is a 'Pop-Up' picture book, you can forget about ILL reading it.

BTW, if anyone else has a copy laying around, throw it to me.  I have checked the local bookstores for it, all they have are the hardbacks.  I want something that I can toss into my truck and read while I am waiting for hogs to show up.  No need to worry about getting it ripped, torn, bloodstained.

TRG

They haven't published any paperbacks - you are looking for something that does not exist (unless there are bootlegs floating around).
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I gave my copy to hound tonight and told him to give it to psyren when he was done. I'll offer it up again when I get it back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Bung.  I like your upside down avatar--very original.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I am 254 pages into it.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I have it in PDF format. 3.5 megs, but IM me if you want it.

Av.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Oh oh oh, I want to get in line.  I'd like to borrow a copy whenever it's been passed on to whoever is next.  I'm a fairly fast reader so I could have it back out in circulation soon.

Can't say I would want it in pdf though...I couldn't read a whole book off of a computer screen and it would take 2 years for my printer to print it off.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#14]
If you have a Palm or Pocket PC system, it's pretty nice. I read PDF books on my Axim all the time.

Av.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#15]
It is shitty to PDF this book while still widely available in print.  The author is a gun-culture supporter and you guys want to undercut him.

That is fucking SHITTY........

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought it at Books A Million and am 272 pages in. Great book so far.

I'm through the "rape" scene, and if that was the "offensive" part in the book another thread warned of, it's nothing to worry about.

I'm a Christian and while I try not to use foul language myself, rape is something that happens. When it's described it needs to be described in detail. The point of including it in the book was to show the horror of rape, not to lessen or cheapen it's horrors. I for one would have shot those three guy's myself. They got just what they deserved. If rape was handled this way more often, there would be far fewer rapes in our country. Same with murder, armed robbery and child molestation.

I personally know men who have longer prison terms for drug charges than men who have raped women and molested children. VERY SAD.

Hard book to put down. I've learned alot of the history of gun's and gun laws.

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Ditto, shivan458's post, John Ross is a good guy and even ran for congress in his home state of Missouri.

As a seller of 8 cases of his book, "UC" to friends, workmates and others, (at my reduced case cost price), why anyone would not want to support Mr. Ross is beyond me.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Check out his website.www.john-ross.net/
I think there may be a place on it where you can an autographed copy of UC.
I just bought a preban Sedra 16" carbine from John with a letter of authenticity and a signed copy of his book. He is a former skydiver and we have exchanged a few e-mails. He is presently working with Smith and Wesson on some different loads for the .50 cal revolver. He's a pretty smart guy and very entertaining writer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Robbo,  I have a copy that you can borrow.  I live in the Dfw area.  Im or email me if you are interested.  

email: [email protected]
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I bought it at Books A Million and am 272 pages in. Great book so far.

I'm through the "rape" scene, and if that was the "offensive" part in the book another thread warned of, it's nothing to worry about.

Actually, there will be another rape scene - this one without such a happy ending - and THAT is the one that a previous poster mentioned specifically (thought that poster made it sound as if Ross was advocating the stuff - which is clearly not true) . There will also be a lot of sexual stuff that makes several people on this board apparently uneasy. Oh well, it works out well for the story.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#21]
John has even posted here to thank us for reading it, and let us know where we could get autographed copies.

BTW, he should be invited to Gunstock.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I finished it this evening...you guys thought I was a troll before...you ain't seen shit yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Received a copy in the mail yesterday. (Thank you, YouKnowWho!!)

I am  on page 160.

I start reading and get ABSORBED by the book.  It has been years since I read a book that was so interesting that other activities (TV, dog, distraction) do not take my mind off the text.

Kudos John Ross!

TRG

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#24]

I will stop by Barnes and Noble and pick one up, if I can get to it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I will stop by Barnes and Noble and pick one up, if I can get to it.

I will be finished with the copy that I have by weekend.  I will pass it along to you.

This one is also to be signed and returned to the owenr (I think...)

TRG
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I finished UC a few days ago. I blew through 8 hundred and some pages in about 5-6 days.

Great book.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#27]
finished it.

Wow!

Great book.  Interesting story.

Kidlightning and Mojo are next in line for the copy that was sent to me.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
finished it.

Wow!

Great book.  Interesting story.

Kidlightning and Mojo are next in line for the copy that was sent to me.

TRG

Glad you like it.  I hope no one waits for the book after me.  It would take a long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top