Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 5:03:07 AM EDT
Yep,  you heard me.  If you're not on the TexasTactical mailing list, get on it!  (go to Yahoo and search for TexasTactical... they have a Yahoo Group that you can join)

Mike has arranged to have the Carbine match this Sunday, and an IDPA match the next Sunday down at Hill Country Rifle Range.  Same bat-time, different bat-channel!  Come out and show some support for Mike and everything he does for us (and don't forget Jennifer, too!).  

These matches be deh shiznit fo ya phat gat.  You be layin the cut straight bustin caps left and right, showin th' homies ya shizzle.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
LMAO... Mat your always full of laughs!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Mat... send me some directions.. I may want to check it out. What do I need to bring? 16" AR, pistol, shotgun, large caliber rifle? Oh, and how much ammo for each? What's bare minimum?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Sparsky (and anyone else)

To get to HCRR, you'd come up from SA probably on I35.  Take the 290 west for a couple miles, and take the Southwest Parkway exit.  Go west on Southwest Parkway until it runs into Hwy 71.  (it Ts into it, so you can only get on 71 from there).  Go to the right.  Forgot how far, but look for Hamilton Pool Road.  It should be a couple miles past 620.  Go left on Hamilton Pool.  About 7 miles down on the left is the range.  Go down the long dirt road and the ranges we will be on will be to the right side.

(hope that was easy)

(a little more direct way would be to come north on 35, exit Slaughter Ln, go ALL THE WAY until it Ts 1825 I think is the road, go right, run into 290, go right, about 1 mile, go left on 71, then out to Hamilton Pool Rd.)

As for what you need to bring:

Your AR might be best.  3 mags will hold you.  100 rounds (more to be safe).  Pistol for backup (some stages you have to transition to pistol and make a few shots.  Usually not more than a mag or two) and a couple mags for it.    A nice sling is nice.  A good holster and some way to carry your mags is nice.  

It's a blast man... come on out!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I usually bring my AR with 6 mags (but 3 are loaded...I was having some mag issues now and again, so it's nice to have a backup or two or three), pistol with holster, and 4 mags for the pistol (I ended up having a malfunction after the first round on a stage, and ended up shooting the 8 targets with only my pistol...It's good I had enough ammo for them).

If you have a way to hold magazines (other than in your teeth), then that is a good thing.  Bring sunscreen, hearing protection, and eye protection.  $15 is the entry fee.  Usually water is provided, but I also bring my own so I don't hog it all.

I usually bring around 150 rounds of rifle ammo and 100 rounds of pistol ammo.

Hope to see you there!

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Matt,

I plan on trying to make it Sunday (Still alittle early at 9:30 compared to the winter 12:30 start)

I hope to see you there.

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Try to get there by 9am... Due to the really hot weather, the earlier we start, the cooler it will be.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn it.. just did my budget and I'm broke once again...  can't make it to this match. Maybe I'll catch yall one of these days.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Sparsky,

Sorry you can't make it!  There's an IDPA match up here the next Sunday... I don't know if I'll be going... I want to try to pick up an OT shift to get a little extra cashola, since I'm driving out to Phoenix at the end of the month.  

The next carbine match should be a month from this one.  Come on up!  ;)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top