Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 1:20:29 PM EDT
I'll probably be getting some more trigger time this saturday (28th). Just wondering if anyone else might want to meet up at Blackhawk shooting range. With the heat like it is I'll probably be going early, I think they open at 9am.

Sparsky
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Im going camping at Bastrop lake this weekend, but I go regularlly. And of course next weekend is the 4th and I will have to be with the family. But the week after Im up for it. I also shoot at Bracken range behind Rolling Oaks Mall. IM me in the future when you go.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I could, but I have to work early on Saturday.  

Symtex, we went camping at Bastrop S.P. a little over a month ago, and it was great.  We're from East Texas, and Bastrop reminded us of home.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just throwing it out to yall I was going, I know it's a little short notice so I didn't expect too many people to show up.

I've been to the Bracken range to check it out, but haven't shot there. Maybe we can have a little get together after the 4th of July weekend.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm probably going to be at the Bracken Range on Saturday, but the IDPA match for Texas Tactical will be Sunday...at Blackhawk, I think.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Im only about ten minutes from Bracken. I like Bracken if im shooting for distance. But if im shooting pistols or several guns I prefer Blackhawk. I have a annual membership to Blackhawk, so it does not cost me alot to shoot there. It would be nice to get together with some ARFCOM members.... I will drop a line the days I go...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the Braken range pretty good? I have only gone to Blackhawk for IDPA matches, but its way the hell out there.  I ussually go to the Bullethole.  Not the best but its ok.

How much is the annual membership at Blackhawk?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:40:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I think it's 60 for 6 months and 110 for a year.

I use to shoot at the bullet hole... man I didn't like that range. I don't know where exactly you live, but if you live close to the bullet hole, Bracken is way out there by 1604 and Nacogdoches road.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Bracken is clean and well shaded. I like the people running it. I only go there for long gun shooting. Bullet hole has the 100, 200 and 300 yrd range, which is nice. And you have to have an understanding of Vern. Blackhawk has been my favorite for a long time, just its far for me. I live right by bracken....
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
The bullethole is not that close to me either, but its closer than blackhawk.  I live near the medical center. Near I-10 and Wurzbach.  I need to go check out Bracken next time I go shoot my rifles.  Vern is all right, I know of the bullethole because thats where I got my CHL course.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I go to Bracken because of the people there.  A Place to Shoot, Blackhawk, and Bullethole are a little far.

I've also been to Cedar Ridge a couple of times.  I checked out the Dietz Range outside New Braunfels, but haven't decided on going yet.  I would really like to shoot some at least up to 500 yds, but until they open Bullis back up, or I win the lottery, I don't see that happening around here anytime.

Whatever became of that indoor range off of Bandera.  I knew they had to shut down for EPA reasons (or that's the rumor I'd heard), but don't know anything more than that.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the last time I drove by there it was a church.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#12]
by the way, you guys know anyone who does transfers for cheaper than 25 bucks?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:13:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Not yet. But I'll be looking sometime next year, I plan on getting a semi 1919.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey I found someone.  Its a pawn shop and a bit far but its only 20 bucks...
Everyone else charges 10% or 35 bucks.

American Loan Company
2003 Goliad Rd
San Antonio, TX 78223-2773
(210) 337-1570
(210) 333-8718 FAX
Debra Camp
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#15]
The place off Bandera is now a church. Its was always in trouble once the day care opened up by it. They tried to get it closed down since day one. I took my class for my CHL there. The day care finally got the city to shut it down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top