Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2003 7:33:06 AM EDT
Texas Tactical will be putting on a 3 Gun Combat Match, Saturday May 24th, 2003 at our Range near Johnson City, Texas. (1 hour North of San Antonio) This is the 4th Saturday in May.
There will be 2 Handgun stages, 2 Rifle stages and 2 Shotgun stages. We will be using IDPA targets for the Handgun and Rifle stages and steel and balloons for the Shotgun stages. Idpa rules and scoring will be utilized! Use of available cover will be required. No "competition only" equipment may be used. All equipment must be of a practical nature. Please Email us at [email protected]. if you have any questions, Sign up will be at 0930 Hammer down at 1000Hrs Map and directions to the Range can be found on our website:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/texastactical/tx.html

DIVISIONS OF COMPETITION:

Handgun:

Custom Defensive Pistol

Stock Service Pistol

Enhanced Service Pistol

Stock Service Revolver.

Rifle:

Iron Sights

Optical Sights

Limited Division

Limited Division is for those wishing to compete with CCUs, Camp Carbines,  Lever Actions or anything else that has a limited ammo capacity. (This Division will be limited to 10 rounds maximum in your rifle.)

Shotgun: (birdshot only)

Auto Loaders

Manual

(Manual Division will include any Manually operated shotgun, ie: Pumps, Bolt Action, Lever Actions)

If You have any questions feel free to Email or call. Hope to see y'all there!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Mike,

I'll be there.

Anyone else??
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go, but my wife won't let me have a shotgun.  She says I have enough guns already.

:(  (insert violin playing icon here)

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Backstop, glad to hear you can make it.
Zmeja, you don't need a shotgun just bring some 12gauge birdshot shells and me or someone else in your squad will let you, or anyone else for that matter, borrow a shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Zmeja,

What Mike said- you can use my shotgun- Mossberg 590.  I'll bring it on Fri so you can check it out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool.  Thanks guys, I'm there.

To clarify, I do have a 1940's vintage Model 12 Winchester 16 gauge, but it really isn't the right gun for the job.  I tried to use it at a skeet shoot, but found the feeding was unreliable.

I told my wife that it is essentially demilled, and shouldn't be counted to my overall gun limit.  :)

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Zmeja,

Good argument (demilled).  Wish I'd thought of that one when I was married.

Be sure and get a box of shells-birdshot.

Care to carpool on Sat?  I live in Converse.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Backstop,

Yep, that's fine with me.  We'll discuss particulars on Friday at Blackhawk.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Reminder....the match is tomorrow. Hope to see y'all there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top