Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2003 10:16:10 PM EDT
Ok well the same ole same ole is getting old.   Been to Jim Pruetts guns and ammo, carters country, and collectors firearms.  

Anyone got any good gun shops in the houston, conroe, tomball, magnola area?  i plan to drive around all day looking at guns.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 2:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Fountain Firearms
Hwy 6 @ Bissonet, on the west side of Hwy 6 in a shopping center
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
For FA and Class III weapons:
Republic Arms, ask for Art
2126 W. 34th Street
713-682-5549

Art's a good guy and deals with alot of HPD, I've bought quite a few weapons from him.

Mike

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Shooters Station
Hwy 105 in Conroe.

Go North on i45 exit 105, go west for a long ways....it's on the right...has an indoor range.

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Shooters Station
Hwy 105 in Conroe.

Go North on i45 exit 105, go west for a long ways....it's on the right...has an indoor range.

i've been meaning to go there.  my buddy's uncle owns that place!  so how long till u get your ffl there coz?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Try out Champions Firearms in College Station TX.  At the Intersection of Holleman's and Texas Avenue, same shoping center as PetCo's, but across from them.  Nice Store, good selection, and they also have an Indoor Shooting range.

Their prices are as good as and sometime much better than the stores you mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Also Walmart, Oshmans, and Academy. :)
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Try out Champions Firearms in College Station TX.  At the Intersection of Holleman's and Texas Avenue, same shoping center as PetCo's, but across from them.  Nice Store, good selection, and they also have an Indoor Shooting range.

Their prices are as good as and sometime much better than the stores you mentioned.

I bought my Bushmaster there back in Feb. 2002 before they switched to the new digs.  Good, knowledgable staff.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Tomball Pawn & Gun is a great place, if they don't have it they can get it, lots of new & used guns, actually have decent prices too

Sportsman's Outlet in Humble is OK

I think someone already mentioned Jerry Fountain's place out off HWY 6

Collectors inside the loop is ok for window shopping, there's another place near there,
Pace's Guns  I think
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tomball Pawn & Gun is a great place, if they don't have it they can get it, lots of new & used guns, actually have decent prices too

Collectors inside the loop is ok for window shopping, there's another place near there,
Pace's Guns  I think

I;ll go there tomarrow! the one in tomball!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pace's Guns  I think

I;ll go there tomarrow! the one in tomball!

I really like that place.  
The guys are friendly & they always have a good selection of stuff & like I said, of they don't have it 9 times out of 10 they can get it.
 Prices aren't as cheap as gunshow prices but a helluva a lot cheaper than Carter's etc.

The store is at FM249 & FM2920 on the SW corner.  I think a Kroger is in the same strip.

There used to be another gun store off Veteran's Memorial south of FM1960 a ways on the west side in a strip center. OK, place.
I can't remember the name, Discount Guns I think.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Kinda out there but...
I don't buy guns at gun stores because of the mark up.  I will just go through an FFL.  But since I check guns out at gun stores, I always buy something, no matter how small, to assuage my guilt.  
Anybody else do this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Kinda out there but...
I don't buy guns at gun stores because of the mark up.  I will just go through an FFL.  But since I check guns out at gun stores, I always buy something, no matter how small, to assuage my guilt.  
Anybody else do this.

Yes, when I go to Collectors Firearms, I usually buy old gun magazines (the written kind) in their "library" - the ones they marked $1 each.  :)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Well i went to the tomball place today! whoo hoo! nice products, and people who actually knew ARs!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well i went to the tomball place today! whoo hoo! nice products, and people who actually knew ARs!

Glad it was a good outing!

I'm sometimes reluctant to recommend places fearing the experience won't be as positive as mine.

I wish I lived closer to Tomball, I'd be in there all the time, and in debt up to my eyeballs!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
The guy who helped me was great! infact i let him know that another person i know (you) refered me to his shop.  He also said he never heard of ARFCOM, so i told him to check it out. maybe we will have a new member shortly.  ;)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#16]
there is a little store named "a gun store" on highway 6 and clay road. northeast corner. the guy only charges $5 for transfers. yeppers!! $5
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#17]
intervesting............very intervesting
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
there is a little store named "a gun store" on highway 6 and clay road. northeast corner. the guy only charges $5 for transfers. yeppers!! $5

Does that store have any decent firearms to speak of.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#19]
not a great selection of guns, modest at best. but it is a gun store.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shooters Station
Hwy 105 in Conroe.

i've been meaning to go there.  my buddy's uncle owns that place!  so how long till u get your ffl there coz?

Looking for a CHEAP storefront, which one has to have prior to applying. Then it will just be a matter of applying to BATF.

Gonna go website and gun shows initially.....

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#21]
The Houston area should be awash with cheap storefront.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Yea, there's Tomball Pawn & Gun. Me and a buddy went up there earlier this week. They've got at least 20 ARs in stock, and can order whatever they dont have. Check it out!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Coz,

PLEASE do something in the Woodlands/Spring area.  There's a ton of strip center space on I45, and there's not many gun stores around.  I'll shop there!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Coz,

PLEASE do something in the Woodlands/Spring area.  There's a ton of strip center space on I45, and there's not many gun stores around.  I'll shop there!

I live off FM1960 and Veterans Memorial, so that's almost in Spring. I dunno if I can afford I-45 strip space just yet, maybe after I get it going.....

The Gun Store LLC is moving to Austin, so we definitely need a store here in the area....

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Pace's Guns  I think

Pace's went out of business about 2 years ago. Collectors has probably as much on hand as all the other stores within 50 miles combined, and lots of stuff that won't be found anywhere else. It's a gunshow 7 days a week.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Collectors doesnt have good AR selection.  its all old stuff.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Give me some suggestions on what should be in there that isn't. There are new guns in stock from Knight's, Les Baer, Bushmaster, Colt and Armalite as well as used from some of them. There are also a number of accessories from ARMS and others. Besides that stuff what are you looking for that you aren't finding.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#28]
last time i went in there (2 weeks ago) the only AR i saw was an OLY post ban 16in.  

i also saw 3 AK/SAR1s in .223

everything else was either pistols, shotguns, swords, flintlock stuff, and the library.  

for guys that are into only assualt type weapons, (AKs,AR,HKs, etc etc.) this isnt exactly THE STORE.

not saying its a bad place...but it could use some better sellection.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me some suggestions on what should be in there that isn't. There are new guns in stock from Knight's, Les Baer, Bushmaster, Colt and Armalite as well as used from some of them. There are also a number of accessories from ARMS and others. Besides that stuff what are you looking for that you aren't finding.

Collectors is a good shop, but their prices are bit high...IMHO. There are some knowledgeable guys there, but very bigoted toward many expensive weapons..in particular 1911's that cost 1500 - 5000. If you want to go put your hands on a bunch of different handguns, they probably have it...go there, play with the gun, then go buy it elsewhere, unless you don't mind paying their slight markup.  I had great luck with their gunsmith. Good work, on time, reasonably priced.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
last time i went in there (2 weeks ago) the only AR i saw was an OLY post ban 16in.  

i also saw 3 AK/SAR1s in .223

everything else was either pistols, shotguns, swords, flintlock stuff, and the library.  

for guys that are into only assualt type weapons, (AKs,AR,HKs, etc etc.) this isnt exactly THE STORE.

not saying its a bad place...but it could use some better sellection.

You must have just walked around to the right and looked on the floor rack. There are a couple dozen AR's behind the rifle counter. Next time you are in ask one of the guys where the AR's are and who Chris is. He's very knowledgeable and helpful on long guns.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Collectors is a good shop, but their prices are bit high...IMHO. There are some knowledgeable guys there, but very bigoted toward many expensive weapons..in particular 1911's that cost 1500 - 5000. If you want to go put your hands on a bunch of different handguns, they probably have it...go there, play with the gun, then go buy it elsewhere, unless you don't mind paying their slight markup.  I had great luck with their gunsmith. Good work, on time, reasonably priced.

Or go there, play with the gun, and then buy it because you benefit from overall the most knowledgeable and helpful staff of any shop around that stands behind everything they sell and has on staff or by referral anything you could need.

Don't confuse price and cost. The price is a number on a tag. The cost is the price paid plus intangibles including service, selection, warranty, ancillary services and numerous other things. The gunsmith mentioned above is one good example. Any used gun sold is guaranteed in house for 30 days and if it should have any problem he takes care of it. Yeah, it might have been cheaper at a gun show or elsewhere but when the gunsmith fee is added in for the repair they warranty the cost just surpassed the cost from Collectors.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Any used gun sold is guaranteed in house for 30 days and if it should have any problem he takes care of it. Yeah, it might have been cheaper at a gun show or elsewhere

Haha.  That's ok in some cases, but have you priced their P7M8's?  The USED P7's go for $250 more than I can buy new ones at other local stores.  So...would you pay $250 over new for a used gun with only a 30 day warranty?

I have bought accessories there.  They will deal on prices to a certain degree.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Collectors has probably as much on hand as all the other stores within 50 miles combined, and lots of stuff that won't be found anywhere else. It's a gunshow 7 days a week.

except for the prices
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#34]
they have a springfield p9 I want.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top