Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2018 10:09:01 AM EDT
Hey folks, I have good friend who has had a cabin near Romney for 10+ years and is moving there full time and is interested in meeting like minded folks in the area/ region. Any suggestions? Any gatherings planned? He/we have places to shoot CQ to 350 yards so looking for places to shoot long range. Someone at a gun shop told us about storm mt but it's pricey.

I'm going out to visit/ shoot 10/3/18 to 10/7/18 if anyone wants to meet for lunch/dinner or a beer and bullshit session.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey folks, I have good friend who has had a cabin near Romney for 10+ years and is moving there full time and is interested in meeting like minded folks in the area/ region. Any suggestions? Any gatherings planned? He/we have places to shoot CQ to 350 yards so looking for places to shoot long range. Someone at a gun shop told us about storm mt but it's pricey.

I'm going out to visit/ shoot 10/3/18 to 10/7/18 if anyone wants to meet for lunch/dinner or a beer and bullshit session.

Thanks
View Quote

From Romney you can go east on 50 to The Cove Campground in Gore, VA.  If you want a longer range than that there's Peacemaker in Gerrardstown - and a lot of us are in that area.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Maysville has an excellent range 100 yd. plus pistol/muzzle range next to a nice park.  Not too far from Romney
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Maysville has an excellent range 100 yd. plus pistol/muzzle range next to a nice park.  Not too far from Romney  no admission fee
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a little ways from Romney, probably about 1.5 hrs, but have property near Mt. Porte Crayon that I can shoot up to 500 yards (it's at a declining angle, though, not flat).
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From Romney you can go east on 50 to The Cove Campground in Gore, VA.  If you want a longer range than that there's Peacemaker in Gerrardstown - and a lot of us are in that area.
View Quote
I went to an Arfcom camp out at the cove probably 15 years ago.  Back then it was  all short range. Still the same?

I checked peacemakers website, looks good but membership is closed.  Next time down I'll stop and see about the waiting list.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maysville has an excellent range 100 yd. plus pistol/muzzle range next to a nice park.  Not too far from Romney  no admission fee
View Quote
Think I saw a sign for it on going east on 50 leaving Romney?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went to an Arfcom camp out at the cove probably 15 years ago.  Back then it was  all short range. Still the same?
View Quote
Not sure if it's complete or not but a while ago they were working on opening up a 600 yard range.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm a little ways from Romney, probably about 1.5 hrs, but have property near Mt. Porte Crayon that I can shoot up to 500 yards (it's at a declining angle, though, not flat).
View Quote
That sounds like good training??
You get out there much?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not sure if it's complete or not but a while ago they were working on opening up a 600 yard range.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll check that out next time out??
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not going East.  Maysville is close to Petersburg and S West of Romney at the bottom of Scherr mountain on 42.
View Quote
Ah, wonder what the sign I saw was. Brown state or county sign with a pic of a rifle. I'll get a more accurate location next time out
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top