Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2015 2:39:47 AM EDT
Raised in Lihue, Kauai. Family from there since ancient times basically.  I mostly live in Texas now and keep all my guns here. Collect a lot of NFA stuff, and a lot of machine guns that I simply can't bring back home to Kauai.  I'm an FFL on the side here, but still no point in trying to bring that stuff when I stay in Kauai. Too busy surfing anyways ;)

Anyways, I'm starting to spend more and more time on Ksuai now and may be buying a second house over there finally. Interested in catching up with other members of this great forum while there. It's a small place, and I'd love to exchange information.  Thanks guys!!.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not from Kauai, but it's always good to have another arfcommer in Hawaii
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm from Kauai in fact I live in lihue
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Raised in Lihue, Kauai. Family from there since ancient times basically.  I mostly live in Texas now and keep all my guns here. Collect a lot of NFA stuff, and a lot of machine guns that I simply can't bring back home to Kauai.  I'm an FFL on the side here, but still no point in trying to bring that stuff when I stay in Kauai. Too busy surfing anyways ;)

Anyways, I'm starting to spend more and more time on Ksuai now and may be buying a second house over there finally. Interested in catching up with other members of this great forum while there. It's a small place, and I'd love to exchange information.  Thanks guys!!.
View Quote

I'm in the airport in Lihue as I type this.  Headed over to see Pearl Harbor.  

Beautiful island you folks have here.  Very lovely.  My fiancé wants to live in Hawaii.  I have zero clue how people can afford to buy a house out here...

Anyhow, I'll get to enjoy a little more time on Kauai when I get back, but it isn't enough.  I'll be back in the suck too soon.  Cold.....cold.....too cold!
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Lived in Hanamaulu for years, miss it at times.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#7]
We are seriously considering cashing out of our house on the Colorado Front Range and moving to Kauai for a few years.  Our boys are still young and aren't in school yet, and my wife is a Nurse Practitioner.  Home values here are through the roof, so we could make bank getting out now before the next bubble bursts.  Thinking of riding it out in paradise, then coming back in a few years when the boys are older.

Is there a shooting range on the island at all?  I would probably just bring a 22 rifle and a handgun for our time there, but would like to shoot at some point.  I see there's a gun shop that mentions NRA training, so they must shoot somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top