Agree 100%.

Another 4-6 weeks of this? Fuck that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You will not get any argument from me. I went by the Lexington Lowes Friday morning to get my mom a couple of tomato plants. Holy crap! I just turned around and left. It was like Walmart on Black Friday. Seriously, the parking aisles were completely filled all the way to the ends. and that is a big parking lot. This whole stay home order is a bunch of nonsense, people are going out in mass. Even the Tractor Supply was over flowing, and they are usually never busy on a weekday.

All this is doing is making the big chain store "essentials" freaking rich, while bankrupting all the mom and pop type small businesses.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Updated IMHE model just came out.

It is now saying SC is past the peak, when just yesterday (before today's update) projected another 13 days until peak.

Projected deaths down to 217 from 687.

Open this state NOW!

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/south-carolina
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t think that the Governor is a fan of the shutdowns at all. Thats why he did things piecemeal to start with.

I think you’ll see SC open up earlier than some other places.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a big fan of McMaster (specifically regarding hurricane evacuations) but he did right and held out as long as he could until he finally had to cave in to the political pressure.  Even the national media was trying to make him and our state look bad by not having issued a stay at home order.  If it hadn't been for the spring break college students who came to the Hilton Head, Charleston and Myrtle Beach areas, our confirmed cases would have been much lower.

I think restrictions will gradually start to be lifted soon in a number of states especially as demonstrations increase and more people start to ignore the trashing of the Constitution that has taken place in the authoritarian states.

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
change my mind....
View Quote

Your preaching to the Deacons.

I'm not a McMaster fan, but, he could have done a worse job. Just look at that crazy biotch running Michigan, now that's scary. or all the liquor stores could be closed like in PA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Updated IMHE model just came out.

It is now saying SC is past the peak, when just yesterday (before today's update) projected another 13 days until peak.

Projected deaths down to 217 from 687.

Open this state NOW!

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/south-carolina
View Quote

Their projections are all complete guesses.  Reopen the state now
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I went by the Lexington True Value yesterday rather than venturing into Lowes/HD.  Cashier said they have 3 times the normal amount of business.
View Quote

If you can't travel, can't go into work, can't go to any events, you might as well stay home and fix some schit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I went by the Lexington True Value yesterday rather than venturing into Lowes/HD.  Cashier said they have 3 times the normal amount of business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You will not get any argument from me. I went by the Lexington Lowes Friday morning to get my mom a couple of tomato plants. Holy crap! I just turned around and left. It was like Walmart on Black Friday. Seriously, the parking aisles were completely filled all the way to the ends. and that is a big parking lot. This whole stay home order is a bunch of nonsense, people are going out in mass. Even the Tractor Supply was over flowing, and they are usually never busy on a weekday.

All this is doing is making the big chain store "essentials" freaking rich, while bankrupting all the mom and pop type small businesses.

"3 times the normal"

That's what Arkady said about his tequila business.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#14]
The beaches are going to re-open. How will social distancing be enforced? It obviously didn't work out on Folly Beach?
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#15]
In the last few weeks I have reloaded 6K 9mm on my 550B that I have had since 1984!

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Trying to get a haircut feels like trying to make a drug deal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like retail opens Tuesday.  
View Quote

Pretty sure it's a week from this Tuesday (April 27)
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The beaches are going to re-open. How will social distancing be enforced? It obviously didn't work out on Folly Beach?
View Quote

Folly will probably ignore the AG again and not let nonresidents in
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pretty sure it's a week from this Tuesday (April 27)
View Quote

Post & Courier is reporting he plans on issuing the order tomorrow for reopening the next day.

But, it is the P&C reporting so...
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I have not seen anything to the effect of reopening retail businesses 2 days from now. Not on:

El Tee Ex
WIS
The State
Cola Daily
or Sumter Item

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#21]
PSA needs to reopen their retail locations.

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL!  My wife’s stylist came to the house and did hers and the son and daughters.  After they were done, I was buying toilet paper out of my sons car trunk.  Funny, I’ve never made a gun deal out of the trunk of a car, but TP I have.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#23]
OK, here it is. Certain classes of retail stores will be allowed to reopen but must follow guidelines concerning social distancing and limit 5 persons per 1K square feet of space:

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article242122426.html

clothing
music
craft
flea markets
furniture
jewelry
shoes
books
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Flea Market folks are going to laugh at 5 people per 1000 sq ft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, here it is. Certain classes of retail stores will be allowed to reopen but must follow guidelines concerning social distancing and limit 5 persons per 1K square feet of space:

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article242122426.html

clothing
music
craft
flea markets
furniture
jewelry
shoes
books

Flea Market folks are going to laugh at 5 people per 1000 sq ft.

Are you saying ladson flea martket patrons can control themselves? But the deals, the haggeling!
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1500619644ra/23365796.gif
View Quote

Yes they do
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes they do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do

Actually I was being somewhat facetious. Who wants to deal with a steady stream of customers all asking for what you don't have when you don't know when you'll get more?

"But muh ammo!"

Also don't forget that PSA closed their brick and mortars on their own volition and not because Governor Leghorn told them to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Mayors of Folly Beach and Isle of Palms said that they're not opening the beaches yet to any one other than residence, regardless of the Governor's order.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like he's trying to position us to get us ahead of other states.  He's announcing openings now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Mayors of Folly Beach and Isle of Palms said that they're not opening the beaches yet to any one other than residence, regardless of the Governor's order.
View Quote

Funny how all the folly residents dont want us bringing the covid. Though they come joy ride around james island all day. Hope the folly mayor gets a nice case of covid.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes they do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do

At 5 persons per 1K sq. feet can you imagine the line outside the door?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do

And still no one inside gets waited on.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#33]
PSA has not posted anything on their FB bage (Fernandina) that would hint of a re-opening date.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Just to make sure I understand this correctly, the EO expires on the 27 and businesses can open again? Well..all the ones that were declared non essential that is.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just to make sure I understand this correctly, the EO expires on the 27 and businesses can open again? Well..all the ones that were declared non essential that is.
View Quote

Eh...probably going to be up to the local municipalities.

At least the Georgia governor is man enough to not lay the decision at the feet of the municipal governments. He has the balls to take the blame if it turns out he opened too soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Funny how all the folly residents dont want us bringing the covid. Though they come joy ride around james island all day. Hope the folly mayor gets a nice case of covid.
View Quote

No shit. I think the Lowes on James Island and Mt. P should check every one's ID and not allow any Folly and IOP/Sullivans Island resident in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got one a few days ago. I’ve known the girl that cuts my hair for 16 years and her and my wife are friends
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#39]
State parks to start reopening on May 1 with some restrictions.

Link
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Schools officially shut down for the remainder of the school year.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#42]
With the malls open the kiddies will now have some place to congregate and hang out while their parents are doing the same at Walmart, Lowe's and Home Depot. Covid data to follow in 7-14 days!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Is this clown going to address the fact that the stay-at-home order expires on the 27th? Or am I free to open my business Monday? Or have I yet again missed something because this has been such a cluster fuck?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is this clown going to address the fact that the stay-at-home order expires on the 27th? Or am I free to open my business Monday? Or have I yet again missed something because this has been such a cluster fuck?
View Quote

Curious as well.  20+ year Hair Salon owner.  
SubStationII next door making open face sandwiches with no mask, in front of customers standing in the lobby.
We're Closed.
Aldi is in the Zaxbys parking lot, Aldi is open, Zax is Drive thru only.
Lowes is Black Friday from sun up to sun down.
Wal-mart is full.
Salons and Churches---closed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.live5news.com/2020/04/24/gov-mcmaster-likely-extend-state-emergency-sc-monday/

Clown is right. This RINO likes to lead from behind.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Can anyone confirm if the stay at home order has been extended?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#47]
News in indicating that he intends to extend it.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WCIV) — Gov. Henry McMaster is expected to extend South Carolina's current State of Emergency declaration on Monday, according to his office.

This will mark the third State of Emergency order during the COVID-19 outbreak.

McMaster's current order will expire on Monday, April 27, and the new State of Emergency, by law, would extend for another 15 days.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Looking at the DHEC data posted today, daily and cumulative cases thru 4/21 looks like we have not peaked - waiting on data thru 26th
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Looking at the DHEC data posted today, daily and cumulative cases thru 4/21 looks like we have not peaked - waiting on data thru 26th
View Quote

What if we're just testing more people now?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top