Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 5:15:44 PM EDT
Good on Zais...now to keep a R in that position:

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140414/PC1603/140419649/

South Carolina's top education administrator has decided to withdraw the state from the consortium that would test Common Core standards in the coming school year.

In a letter sent to the chairman of the State Board of Education on Monday, Superintendent of Education Mick Zais said he learned he has the authority to withdraw the state from the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium and was exercising his power to do so.

"I am not wed to any particular test," wrote Zais in the letter. "I want to have a high quality assessment that meets the specific needs of South Carolina, at a competitive price. If we continue to focus only on Smarter Balanced, we lose any opportunity to consider alternatives." Jackie Hicks, president of The South Carolina Education Association said Zais "has proclaimed himself State School Czar," adding Zais has placed his "extreme political agenda ahead of what's best for our students."
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I was glad to hear this. But i dont think my kids school used it. At least i never saw or heard it mentioned
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Common Core sucks bad, this shithole jumped in with both feet. One of the many reasons we're moving.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Good that "Common Core" is being dumped in the Palmetto State.

Idiots here in Ohio love it 'cuz Bill Gates & Co. give them big $$$ to implement it. Want to see what they say about the 2nd Amendment?

Finally, there is the description of the Second Amendment published in a book approved by Common Core for use in elementary schools.

Regarding the Second Amendment, the authors of the book state:

This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison. The founding fathers included this amendment to prevent the United States from acting like the British who had tried to take weapons away from the colonists.
View Quote

Common Core Textbooks Re-Write 2nd Amendment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top