Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2013 5:07:47 PM EDT
NRA BASIC RIFLE CLASS
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting
This full day course is approximately 14 hours long and includes both classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.

INDIGO CLUB
http://icshootingsports.com/
14068 Garners Ferry Road
Eastover, SC 29044

DECEMBER 21, 2013
CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 7:30 AM AND COURSE BEGINS AT 8:00 AM

TRAINING FEES:  $80 per student for pre-registration (no later than 8 December), $100 otherwise
“Buy one get one half off:”  Sign up for training and bring a friend or family member for half off!
$10 discount for Indigo Club Range members, active duty military members, professional educators, and AR15.com Forum Members

DEPOSIT:
50% of all training fees are due to reserve your seat.  The remaining 50% are payable upon the day of the class.  Deposits may be paid with personal check, cash, money order, or cashier’s check and enclosed with registration.  No credit/debit cards!

Walk-ins who are not pre-registered with a deposit paid may be turned away the day of the class if we are full. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged to reserve your seat and to ensure that there are no equipment problems.

If there is insufficient interest 7 days prior to the class, the course may be cancelled.  Any deposits paid will be fully refunded.  I am willing to teach a small group, but given the holiday week am not able to support a "one on one" ratio for this particular class.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am teaching an NRA Basic Rifle course this December in the midlands.  Indigo Club is located between Columbia and Sumter just off rte 378.

Please contact me if you have any questions about the course, or post right here in the thread.  You can sign up by PMing me or via the NRA website.

[span style='font-style: italic;']ETA -- This post approved by Site Staff (VA Gun Nut)
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got a question via PM and figured I'd put the answer out here for all.

"What is the ammunition requirement?"
We are estimating 100 rounds as a suggested amount of ammunition.

The course curriculum goes through the bench, standing, sitting, and prone positions. We will teach several drills in each position, with each drill requiring 3-5 rounds. Over a long day that can add up. If there is time and interest we may teach variants on the positions such as competition offhand, variants on sitting (i.e. kneeling), and so on. That can add up over a long day!

I do suggest bringing 200 rounds of ammunition so that you do not have to ration for drills at all.  If ammunition is a problem, let me know privately and I will help find a solution .

The NRA Basic Rifle curriculum is .22 rimfire friendly. 22s are actually suggested, and this should ease ammunition requirements significantly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
DELETED.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
DELETED.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for a new course with new course dates!  The Sep class went great and the range is letting us host another in December.  The class will emphasize the field shooting positions (unsupported prone, sitting/kneeling, and standing).

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Due to insufficient paid preregistered students, this course has been cancelled.

If I receive several pre-regs in the mail on Monday I'll reconsider.

Thank you for your interest but due to the holiday season I need firm commitments to schedule the range and justify the time away from family.

Please have a happy holiday season! I hope to see you at an Appleseed marksmanship & heritage clinic or an NRA class in 2014!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top