Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2022 12:05:29 AM EDT
Anyone have any recommendations about training in the state?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of training? Precision Rifle? Pistol? Carbine?
View Quote

I could use training I’m pretty much everything. I guess I should start with pistol?
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Wyoming Survival and Tactics.

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wyoming Survival and Tactics.

View Quote

Awesome thank you
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Wyoming Gun Company runs classes.  Can't speak for the quality but it's a great store.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wyoming Gun Company runs classes.  Can't speak for the quality but it's a great store.
View Quote

I’ve only ever been in there once I didn’t realize they had classes too I’ll look into that thank you
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Henk Iverson occasionally does a civilian class in Casper.  What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Henk Iverson occasionally does a civilian class in Casper.  What part of the state are you in?
View Quote

I’m in Evansville
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm in Evansville
View Quote
Right on.  There's quite a few good options around here.  I'd be happy to send you a PM next time there's a formal class, but the best way is to just join the shooting community around here.  There's an informal pistol match every Tuesday night at Stuckenhoff, starts about 4:30, but if you can get there close to 5, you can still shoot everything.  It's based on USPSA rules, and if you don't know them, we've got plenty of guys who will help.  We've got an awesome group that shows up for that, and most of us do all kinds of competition shooting as well as tactical training.  You'll hear about every training and match in about a 300 mile radius by hanging around that group.  Plus, you get to shoot guns and hang out with a bunch of like minded dudes.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Right on.  There's quite a few good options around here.  I'd be happy to send you a PM next time there's a formal class, but the best way is to just join the shooting community around here.  There's an informal pistol match every Tuesday night at Stuckenhoff, starts about 4:30, but if you can get there close to 5, you can still shoot everything.  It's based on USPSA rules, and if you don't know them, we've got plenty of guys who will help.  We've got an awesome group that shows up for that, and most of us do all kinds of competition shooting as well as tactical training.  You'll hear about every training and match in about a 300 mile radius by hanging around that group.  Plus, you get to shoot guns and hang out with a bunch of like minded dudes.  
View Quote

That would be awesome thank you, I’ll have to look into showing up for that it sounds awesome thank you
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Chris Costa has classes over in Thayne.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is that a regular thing? I know he was there a year or two ago for a tactical carbine class.

If you are wanting something precision rifle oriented, Phil Velayo (modern day sniper) does classes up in Cody quite a bit. Phil is a good dude.
View Quote

Looks like he's got a shitload scheduled there for june/july.  I'll have to
hit up one or two.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that a regular thing? I know he was there a year or two ago for a tactical carbine class.

If you are wanting something precision rifle oriented, Phil Velayo (modern day sniper) does classes up in Cody quite a bit. Phil is a good dude.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chris Costa has classes over in Thayne.

Pretty sure he's up there every summer with classes.  Also, I've met Phil a few times and he hunts with one of my buddies.  He seems pretty great.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome thank you everyone I’ll look into that all more
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top