Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2022 2:27:41 PM EDT
Wyomingites. I’m looking to make a return trip from MI to WY for a solo antelope hunt in October. Looking SW of Gillette and seeking advice on private access, on a DIY basis (no outfitter).

I’m guessing many of the larger ranches are leased by outfitters but I guess hoping to find a landowner that would grant permission. I have onX / GIS so getting info is fairly easy, just don’t know how reasonable it is to request/find private access. I know the wardens and biologists once gave willing landowner info, but I think that’s no longer.

Any advice, leads, tips or such would be greatly appreciated! PM is fine if looking to keep info off the webz.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Checking back in on this one as the draw deadline approaches. After 6-8 emails and around 16 mailed letters to ranch owners, I’m striking out.

The regional warden was extremely gracious in making some connections for me to land owners, however I’d had no luck. The few responses I’ve had have been very polite and I’m finding there is concern with the antelope population in general resulting from winter and EHD.  

I’d really appreciate any last ditch leads or advice that the WY crew might have!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top