Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2021 8:04:30 AM EDT
The more I think about this recent shooting the more it upsets me.  Gotta be smarter than this.  They know you have money in your pocket.......don't meet someplace (esp Holmes Co) in the middle of nowhere.  Life is cheap to some people.

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/06/06/sister-demands-justice-after-ocean-springs-man-killed-buying-an-atv-holmes-co/
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Local
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I"m Attala so I'm right there or close enough.....
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
This kind of thing is why I don't even bother trying to buy or sell stuff. I recently bought a new car and just traded in the old one instead of selling it.  I could have gotten a lot more for it if I had sold it but knew this would be just the sort of people I would be dealing with.

Hell, I thought everybody in this state knew about Holmes County and to stay away from the thugs that live there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By code99:
This kind of thing is why I don't even bother trying to buy or sell stuff. I recently bought a new car and just traded in the old one instead of selling it.  I could have gotten a lot more for it if I had sold it but knew this would be just the sort of people I would be dealing with.

Hell, I thought everybody in this state knew about Holmes County and to stay away from the thugs that live there.
View Quote

I didn't know about Holmes County, but there is no county in Mississippi where I would meet somebody in a rural area with money to buy anything.

Try not to go alone even when meeting someone in the Home Depot or McDonald's parking lot to buy something. And go in the daylight.  And be armed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top