Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2017 3:02:09 PM EDT
I have a buddy living in Chicopee and he wants to buy a preban Glock from me. Any shops around the area that will transfer for him? Also, do they require a letter or just go off of the Glock project serials?

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will you be doing it in person, or ffl to ffl?
View Quote
Fed Law prohibits FTF for 2 people who don't live in the same state.

I'm sure that you meant would the 2 parties show up at a MA FFL, but for others reading that don't understand the laws I decided to clarify in the prior sentence.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I'd probably just ship it to him or possibly meet him at gun a shop. I should be covered under FOPA to meet him at an FFL.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I'd probably just ship it to him or possibly meet him at gun a shop. I should be covered under FOPA to meet him at an FFL.
View Quote
No you are NOT covered by FOPA. FOPA only covers someone when their next stop is a place they would be legal to possess a gun. MA doesn't allow anyone w/o a LTC (other than LEOs carrying under LEOSA) to possess a handgun in MA. The MA person could meet you at the border and take possession on the way to a MA FFL.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it legal to bring in a pistol from out of state and transfer it in MA? I didn't think it was
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As long as it is legal to own in MA, yes.  As long as you either do it at a MA ffl, or transfer it to a MA ffl from an out of state ffl.
View Quote
I was under this impression as well. 

Wouldn't bringing it to an FFL an giving it to them be a legal final destination?
Top Top