Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2019 5:23:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACDer]
Will be there this weekend. Any good gun stores in the area (C and R stuff is a plus). Looking for a decent place to eat dinner Saturday as well.

Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
For gun stores, the only options are Rack n’ Reel in New Haven, and Vermont Field Sports in Middlebury.  Field sports will have a better selection of firearms.  If you don’t mind traveling, Powderhorn in Williston or Perros gun shop in Waterbury have great selections.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 10:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D6T] [#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D6T:
I echo the above on firearms shops.

What kind of dining are you looking for? Vergennes has slim pickings and none that impress me.

Travel north/northeast through Monkton and get to "Hinesburgh Publick House" in Hinesburg for excellent food, great beer/wine/mixed drink selection, and great service. I go there whenever I can.

A little to the east in Bristol is the Bobcat Café. Loud and crowded but great food and drink, some nice eclectic menu choices, plus outstanding service.

Go north on 7 and there's a lot once you hit Shelburne.
View Quote
Thanks, just looking for a nice place to eat, nothing too extravagant, so your suggestion is right in the ballpark.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Try 3 Squares Cafe in Vergennes. Run by a friend of mine- very good. I’d parrot the gun store options. Powderhorn is one of my go-to stores.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top