Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2021 12:22:27 PM EDT
My youngest son just graduated from Rutgers School of Dental Medicine this past week. Next month he will be moving to Atlanta, Ga. to attend a six year program to become a Mandible/Maxillary Oral Surgeon at Emory University Hospital.  

His "tap root" which was mine as well is now excavated, this makes the wife and I free to get the heck out of NJ. You heard that right! and for the first time ever.

After a life time it will take us a year but no more than two to make an exit.

Like the Pointer Sisters use to sing. "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it", we are moving to a free state.

BUT

In the remaining time here I am running for a seat on the Montville Republican County Committee on June 8, I'll do as much as I can (if I win) to bring the voice of conservatism to at the very least my own Township.

It feels so very good and it is exciting!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me be the first to say Congrats!!

Vote with your feet if you are able.

I have a Brother in GA. who moved in 2000 when our Mom died. He likes it there so much he's never been back!

I'm retiring on 12-31 of this year so now the Wife and I have to decide where to go. I'm kind of the last man standing in my close group of Friends as they all left NJ already.

Enjoy your freedom!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Vote with your feet if you are able.

I have a Brother in GA. who moved in 2000 when our Mom died. He likes it there so much he's never been back!

I'm retiring on 12-31 of this year so now the Wife and I have to decide where to go. I'm kind of the last man standing in my close group of Friends as they all left NJ already.

Enjoy your freedom!!
View Quote

FREEDOM!

What a wonderful concept.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fenway Park will allow 100% capacity this week
!!
View Quote

This is what happens you get freedom... If it wasn't for my inlaws or my mother i wouldn't step foot in the northeast ever again..

I already wrote off NY after i left that was 5 years ago and I haven't been back .

All liberals should be forced to stay and move to the northeast so they cant infect the rest of the free world..
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will be dead before leaving this state.

No reason to explain.
View Quote

I understand your position, we never know when our time is up. Me?  I'll carry on as if I have another ten years to live, it is what it is.

The most terrible thing is not passing away in the Garden State.

Yet, I know my ashes will not be dispersed in NJ. No way!

I want to be dispersed into the wind atop of Hurricane Ridge in Olympia National Park where the wind blows at a steady 30 miles an hour.

But, there is time remaining for that event, as of today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top