Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2020 10:22:54 AM EDT
Hello all. Any help appreciated.

A fella wants to purchase rifle ammo from me.

What are the NJ laws regarding ammunition shipments?

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
No laws concerning rifle ammo.  Our laws only talk about a restriction on handgun ammo (buyer must have an FID card, and present it to the seller).  Go ahead and ship.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No laws concerning rifle ammo.  Our laws only talk about a restriction on handgun ammo (buyer must have an FID card, and present it to the seller).  Go ahead and ship.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Be careful as most calibers anymore are also being used in handguns. I've needed to give online vendors my NJ FID card to put on file because their program flags NJ buyers as needing to present the card to purchase. I even needed it to purchase .410 ammo.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Just send it and don't worry about it. No one will ever ask or know what's in the box.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just send it and don't worry about it. No one will ever ask or know what's in the box.
View Quote
True as most of NJ gun laws are stupid and don't deserve to be listened to.

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Be careful as most calibers anymore are also being used in handguns. I've needed to give online vendors my NJ FID card to put on file because their program flags NJ buyers as needing to present the card to purchase. I even needed it to purchase .410 ammo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Then your vendors either don't know the law, or (more likely) are just being ultra-conservative.  
As used in this act, "handgun ammunition" means ammunition specifically designed to be used only in a handgun

.410 shotgun ammo was not specifically designed to be used only in a handgun.  .410 shotguns were around for a long time before The Judge arrived on the scene.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top