Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 1:17:35 AM EDT
So I'm new to AR's and recently bought a M&P 15 sport 2 and after a few trips to the range decided scope over red dot.  So I bought the Vortex Strike Eagle with SWFA S.S.A.L.T mount combo off amazon( should be here soon).

I could and probably should try to do it myself but I don't have a bench ,vice, and proper tools and if I spend anymore money buying things for this thing my wife may end up using it on me. So I was thinking  find a gunsmith or someone to mount it for me that hopefully would cost less than buying everything to do it myself.

Any recommendations anybody here use someone that will do it right yet not charge an arm and a leg or should I just suck it up and try to do it myself watched several videos doesn't look super hard with the right tools but I don't have those so....don't want to damage anything trying to do it myself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:43:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Do it yourself. You don't need all kinds of crazy tools to mount it. Just make sure it's on a flat level surface and use a small bubble level on the scope.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
...........and use a torque wrench on the ring screws!!

I still remember that first shotgun scope I mounted when I was a kid---crushed that fucker REAL good. 20+ scopes later, all fine thanks to a torque wrench.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I could and probably should try to do it myself but I don't have a bench ,vice, and proper tools and if I spend anymore money buying things for this thing my wife may end up using it on me. So I was thinking  find a gunsmith or someone to mount it for me that hopefully would cost less than buying everything to do it myself.
View Quote

Where in the state are you?  I'm in Hunterdon county, and would be more than happy to help you with it.  PM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Ocean County if you need help.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where in the state are you?  I'm in Hunterdon county, and would be more than happy to help you with it.  PM me if you're interested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was just about to offer the same, im in Hunterdon along the delaware
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the offers after thinking about it just gonna buy the torque wrench and do it doesn't look complicated and better to have the tools on hand in case I need to change something later .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top