Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2013 3:39:37 AM EDT
Earlier in the week we had the Gloucester mother having her rights violated and now we have this.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/14/attorney-draconian-gun-laws-put-nj-man-in-prison-for-35-days-after-police-search-home-without-a-warrant/

Has NJ moved from a restricted state to an oppressive state?  Some will say it has been for some time but these actions are beyond anything we have seen thus far.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1451832_I_expect_to_see_more_of_this_BS_as_time_goes_on_.html
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Pantaleon said he doesn’t know for sure why the officers reacted in such a hostile manner.

Oh, I can tell you why, but I do not want to earn a new label here.

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI

Actually, check your rental lease contract...it clearly states in a standard NJ lease that the landlord does have the right to enter the premises to inspect it.

INSPECTION OF PREMISES. Landlord and Landlord's agents shall have the right at all reasonable times during the term of this Agreement and any renewal thereof to enter the Premises for the purpose of inspecting the Premises and all buildings and improvements thereon.

But WHY were the police there?... and I assume they DO NOT have the right to "search" you personal property. Maybe the gun fell out of the "day planner" and was in clear sight...

I agree with previous posts...the discovery of the illegal items should not be admissible as there was no warrant or cause to search.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FYI

Actually, check your rental lease contract...it clearly states in a standard NJ lease that the landlord does have the right to enter the premises to inspect it.

INSPECTION OF PREMISES. Landlord and Landlord's agents shall have the right at all reasonable times during the term of this Agreement and any renewal thereof to enter the Premises for the purpose of inspecting the Premises and all buildings and improvements thereon.

That right there is BULLSHIT and could easily be a violation of NJ Law.  Just because your Lease aggreement says something, doesn't automatically mean it's in accordance to the law.  They do have the right to enter AFTER making arrangements with the tenant or notifying the tenant of inspection with resonable time given to accomidate.  A landlord can not just enter your apartment at any given moment and call it an inspection.  You can read the laws and guidlines for yourself at the NJ Department of Community Affairs website.  Here's a link to the most recent Right of Entry Bulletin:

http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/publications/pdf_lti/right_of_entry.pdf
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
He is now represented by Evan Nappen  !!!!!

Check the NJ2AS Facebook Page
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I see lots of  $$$$$ in this mans future.  To bad the pigs won't get punished. This shit is crazy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I get calls for this shit all the time. (Landlord v tenant issues)

There is very few things that we (the police) can get involved in when it comes to this shit.

Frankly, either there is more to the story, or the police fucked up.

I would have told the landlord that he is going to have to got to court, and get the Sheriff's office involved. (They're the ones that handle all the civil issues)

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I get calls for this shit all the time. (Landlord v tenant issues)

There is very few things that we (the police) can get involved in when it comes to this shit.

Frankly, either there is more to the story, or the police fucked up.

I would have told the landlord that he is going to have to got to court, and get the Sheriff's office involved. (They're the ones that handle all the civil issues)

This... although Heat complaints ARE something we actually can get involved with...that said in THIS particular case, the Heat Complaint excuse is nonsense
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#9]

N.J. Supreme Court: Police cannot enter home to check on resident in non-emergency

=http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/03/nj_supreme_court_police_cannot.html#incart_m-rpt-1
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

N.J. Supreme Court: Police cannot enter home to check on resident in non-emergency

=http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/03/nj_supreme_court_police_cannot.html#incart_m-rpt-1

I love the courts.  

Let's define an 'emergency'.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Saturday night and you are out of beer?  But Iggy always digs something up
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Why again are we suppose to trust the police?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#13]
most police are good guys, there are quite a few on here. But we have our bad apples, usuallu politically connected for the benefit of their careers
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

most police are good guys, there are quite a few on here. But we have our bad apples, usuallu politically connected for the benefit of their careers

That is true, there are good ones out there, and they all get a bad image from the scum.  Also just like anything else in life you always hear more negative then good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top