Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2011 4:10:41 PM EDT
I just received a tentative job offer to get back into federal civil service @ Dix  WG-10 5823 series.....I will be looking for a room to rent  what area to stay in, and any info you feel would be
informative or relevant...Feel free to IM or email if need be....I could be an asset to the area for awhile   Google  =   HardCorps Weaponry
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You do very nice work but I would stay away from Jersey.    What will be the farthest you want to commute from base?

Link Posted: 2/10/2011 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You do very nice work but I would stay away from Jersey.    What will be the farthest you want to commute from base?

Im thinking 25-30 miles one way

Link Posted: 2/10/2011 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
yea, I live in pemberton, about 10 miles from base. Born and raised in South Jersey, IM me, and Ill answer your questions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in Langhorne, PA and it's about a 45 min drive to the base.

I gladly pay the exit fee every day I leave NJ and cross into freedom.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 4:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a recently remodeled 3Br home in Hamilton for rent minutes from all major shopping areas and 15-20 mins from Fort Dix/McGuire. 5 min from 295 1 block from Eet Gud Bakery; yeah I know but thats how they spell it. Set back in a quiet culdesack,great neighbors. Did I mention Quiet... No loud parties or punk kids.
Would like to get $1400/mo. Mostly new appliances,stove 1 year old,cabinetry about same. Sinks,toilets all new. Hardwood floors all new. Should be completed by next week at latest.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yea, I live in pemberton, about 10 miles from base. Born and raised in South Jersey, IM me, and Ill answer your questions.

go pemberton hornets!

Link Posted: 2/11/2011 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Westampton is about 20-25 min away from dix   iys about 18 miles one way
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Been in the area for 35+ years.  What are your requirements for the area you want to live in?  Rural Woods / Rural Farmland / Suburban / Small Town / Large Town / Small City?  Budget?
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I would stay away from the New Egypt side of the base, I have seen some disgusting rentals when I did door-to-door.  When you get to the ritzy side of town, on 539 and East, the houses are very nice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a recently remodeled 3Br home in Hamilton for rent minutes from all major shopping areas and 15-20 mins from Fort Dix/McGuire. 5 min from 295 1 block from Eet Gud Bakery; yeah I know but thats how they spell it. Set back in a quiet culdesack,great neighbors. Did I mention Quiet... No loud parties or punk kids.
Would like to get $1400/mo. Mostly new appliances,stove 1 year old,cabinetry about same. Sinks,toilets all new. Hardwood floors all new. Should be completed by next week at latest.

I would love to rent it, but will only need a room......We dont plan on moving up there due to the economy, etc......

I had my fingerprints taken electronically at Fort Jackson & the background investigation is started......Shouldnt take to long as I had a secret up until 04'

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I use to live in Whiting.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a studio Apt for rent in toms river .. not to far from FT DIX , close to the beach 7 mins . I know Lakehurst base is only 15 mins away. !! PM me for more details
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#13]
University Park Apartments in Pemberton is 550.00 or 600.00 for about 850 square feet. Its not a studio, if you're interested.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
University Park Apartments in Pemberton is 550.00 or 600.00 for about 850 square feet. Its not a studio, if you're interested.

THanks....I hopefully have a room to rent in the Jackson area?  Is it a good area?

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Jackson isn't bad. You're near Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club, and fairly close to Range 14 at Fort Dix.

Do you plan on hitting the range while you're around?
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jackson isn't bad. You're near Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club, and fairly close to Range 14 at Fort Dix.

Do you plan on hitting the range while you're around?

Most likely....Depends on what I'm allowed to have there.....I'll also need to find out if we are allowed to use the base/post ranges...Do you know?

IM inbound

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He better be armed if you're sending him to Lake Valley Apartments.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#18]
University park Apartments isn't Lake Valley, never heard of that place either. University Park isn't bad, mostly base folks. Like anywhere, it has some less than reputable folks though.

And I got loaners if he comes unarmed.
Get. Off. My. Lawn.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
University park Apartments isn't Lake Valley, never heard of that place either. University Park isn't bad, mostly base folks. Like anywhere, it has some less than reputable folks though.

Get. Off. My. Lawn.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/tomcat3020/002-7.jpg

Very classy!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks!

She's my newest toy. A March 41 Springfield with a lead dipped heel. She's a shooter too, holds about 3 MOA with my reloads.

PING! I love it!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Get. Off. My. Lawn.

Sorry SecurityForcesMember, as a formal local, University Park Apartments were once commonly known as Lake Valley Apartments as they were the apartments in Lake Valley Acres.  You'll find references to Lake Valley in Pemberton if you google it.  

Don't get me wrong, its no Sunbury Village, but it used to be lots of broken in cars, drug sales, and general BS.  Maybe its changed since the 80's & 90's.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get. Off. My. Lawn.

Sorry SecurityForcesMember, as a formal local, University Park Apartments were once commonly known as Lake Valley Apartments as they were the apartments in Lake Valley Acres.  You'll find references to Lake Valley in Pemberton if you google it.  

Don't get me wrong, its no Sunbury Village, but it used to be lots of broken in cars, drug sales, and general BS.  Maybe its changed since the 80's & 90's.  

Ahhhh gotcha. Yea, its deff not SCUMbury. The police cracked down on this area heavily a few years ago, and the landlord gave folks the boot left and right at what is now University Park Apartments. I've had no problems in 2 years living here. Only seen one domestic, and no break ins/shootings or any other general lawlessness. Pemberton PD doesn't play around! It caters strongly to the military community now, I suspect we're less trouble

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top