Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 12:11:53 PM EDT
Was given a handful to experiment with and plan to use VV N 130 or 133.
Asks: Soren
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Was given a handful to experiment with and plan to use VV N 130 or 133.
Asks: Soren

I have never used this particular bullet, we have some ridiculous laws in the UK regarding use of expanding i.e. "hunting/varminter" bullets for target shooting. Like many people here in the UK  I have used 69gr Match Kings for a number of years, they are very accurate and there is no reason to think that the bullets you have will not be as good, although being lighter they may be more vulnerable to cross winds. Try Varget, 69gr Match Kings and 25 gr Varget is a widely used load over here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I'll get a can of Varget and work up some test loads around those data. It's for an attempt to wring out some accuracy in a standard service Diemaco C7 which seem to spray issue ammo all over the target at 300 meters. (except RG which groups fairly well for some reason.... )
Soren
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Great on foxes but not allowed for target shooting on most ranges or even for zeroing, except on private land.

Any reason why?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Great on foxes but not allowed for target shooting on most ranges or even for zeroing, except on private land.

Any reason why?

yeah - our firearms laws are stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top