Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:53:39 AM EDT
Read an old copy of gun mart that I found next to my bog this morning and saw an advert for straight pull SLR/Fals. Are these still in production and where can I get one? I think it was Sabre Defence who was advertising but havent seen an advert for UK legal SLR/FAL's for some time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right, it was Sabre, but havnt seen them advertise them for quite some time now.....They were having a clearout of some .22 LR FALS fairly recently,  costing around £900-£1000.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#2]
They are not very good shooters.

Hand loaded ammuntioon is a must, primary extraction problems with anything else.

The cocking handle is difficult to reach; They are also very heavy to shoot for any length of time, plus putting an accurate optic on them means a heavy bracket ,that increases the weight still more.

Much better rifles to spend  money on

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Never held or seen one but a squaddie workmate said they were truly superb rifles if a little too long. Always reminds me of when i was a teen watching the news seeing our troops in the Falklands with their SLR'S.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He was nearly begging me to take one for £700 last time I spoke to him.
ANdy

You could almost get two R22's for that amount of  money, But not off Decade
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]
so would i be right in thinking that they dont make them anymore?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He was nearly begging me to take one for £700 last time I spoke to him.
ANdy

You could almost get two R22's for that amount of  money, But not off Decade

Rest assured, when the MP5 stylie R22 becomes available I will be buying one from the 'correct' source...

ANdy

Andy, if it helps you decide, you have always been my favourite "ARFcom-UK-HTF-Moderator", or if not, perhaps a close second only to our old friend 82nd.

BTW, Have you got your Bremmer yet?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:36:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top