Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:30:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

And as I'm an Irish National, his Tonyship can still stick his ID card were the sun don't shine...I'm exempt!

Damned immigrants taking advantage of our good range space!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that the ID. card's are a really great Idea, don't all fall over. Thinking about the way thing's are going in the UK. It would stop some ID. theft, before someone say's it I know the crook's will adapt and overcome this little tripwire.

1, the CCTV monitor's & tape's our movement's.
2, they can track individual's through the movement's of thier mobile phone.
3, on the chip's they can store alsort's of info about the card holder, blood group, prior conviction's, movement's, known associate's and their criminal record's.

I know that the above is all big brother, but the ball is rolling, and it will be the future that we can't escape. We are watched all of the time, when we log on the web, they can follow our every move.

Do I like it? NO!!! A very expensive controll method to keep the minion's in thier place, and there isnt anything that we can do about it.

Toe
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:09:42 AM EDT
[#4]
weren't the 7/7 bombers  all British citizens? so how would ID cards help stop future terrorist threats like those?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
weren't the 7/7 bombers  all British citizens? so how would ID cards help stop future terrorist threats like those?

Similarly the Barcelona Bombers.

Good job the lords sent it back for a proper accounting.. I like the way .gov has said that it jeopardises the tendering process by giving out accurate figures as to how much the scheme will cost.

www.no2id.net/

/PHil
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

2, they can track individual's through the movement's of thier mobile phone.

Only if you keep it switched on

Thats not technically true.

Your mobile sends out a regular signal EVEN WHEN SWITCHED OFF which allows the various satellites to know where to look for it when its next activated.

If the batteries in the authorities know where you are, apparently drug dealers fall foul of that on a regular basis

Richard
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, did you see my post about what happened Saturday

ANdy

Yeah, Sometimes you just got to think 'is there someone looking out for me?'

kinda freaky
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top