Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 8:57:17 AM EDT
Wife and I just got back from Czech republic yesterday and had a great time with her family and friends. One of the highlights of the holiday for me was to take her and her brother shooting at their local indoor shooting range (in Brno). They had never been shooting before and it was so easy and friendly to walk into the club building, talk to the people who run it and ask about prices etc. After about 5 minutes we were issued with a 9mm pistol each after choosing our toys from the menu on the counter. I chose a Glock 17 and she and her brother chose CZ100's.  (PS: Compared to the almost paranoid state in which ranges and clubs are sometimes run in the UK it is FAR friendlier and more welcoming to go shooting in the Czech Republic). While we were shooting a young family came in and the dad was taking the kids (girl+boy around 10y) shooting. The clubs are large, very well stocked and the equipment is very up to date.

9mm rounds cost about 12p each which is quite good imo, and the rental of the firearms are about 100Kc.

Anyway, I'm sure some of you go shooting in the continent, and if you haven't been to the Czech ranges before, I can really recommend it.

My wife shooting for the first time (notice the recoil!)

Not bad, @15 meters for a first timer!

I did not take pics of the glock, although I quite enjoyed shooting it. I was not very accurate with it though

I'm already looking forward to my next trip out there in June!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics........

...... Range looks kind of dark, were the targets illuminated?  How did you manage with the sight picture?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the person in the left of the first picture the RCO or just the reflection of your wife

Ok wrong colour top  but the Stellas flowing!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
You're wife has excellent condition hair, very glossy.

Gay Dave....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you got the details of the ranges?
As, Mousegunner-UK will need them for his Stag Do planning............
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:15:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the details of the club:

http://www.gunclub.cz/

Oh, and the range + targets was well lit, it's just that the pics don't show it...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:42:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Paul, how many times do I need to iterate "I'M NOT GETTING MARRIED" we just live in sin, why spoil it. Anyhow can you imagine what she would have me wearing...........gold and leopard skin........NO WAY.  

Apart from that  I'm still up for trip to Prague, and if you want to call it a stag weekend then no probs.
Top Top