Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:42:27 AM EDT
What would happen if we had a Katrina disaster type situation here in the UK  with law & order breakdown ?

Would you expect plod to turn up and confiscate your firearms ? ? ?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What would happen if we had a Katrina disaster type situation here in the UK  with law & order breakdown ?

Would you expect plod to turn up and confiscate your firearms ? ? ? !!!

Edited for you,

James
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really!  Why would they?  I suspect that even with a full on breakdown of law and order they would have better things to do with their time than target honest shooters.... then again, I could be wrong?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
It wouldnt suprise me one bit!

Considering a Katrina scale event would cover the whole UK they might be busy for a while and i should imagin a few rifles would be "lost" in the rubble.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not really!  Why would they?  I suspect that even with a full on breakdown of law and order they would have better things to do with their time than target honest shooters.... then again, I could be wrong?

You are.

It is on the cards.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I personally think the .gov here would not hesitate for one minute to confiscate firearms and anything else they deem to be dangerous in a Katrina-like catastrophy. Heaven forbid people here should have something available to defend their homes/families/lives from looters/lof-life scum etc...

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you all not noticed the FEO's take notes as to your cabinet / gun room layout and location...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Okay, the SHTF sit.

The plod's may tip up with a confiscation order. But we won't be home for them to meet, by we I mean my family and myself, oh by the way ma weapons are member's of the family.

Now on a serious note, the Police are just doing their job, if the infrastructure goes tit's up, and they come for my weapon's then they can have them, period.

I don't want to be shot by some Soldier or Police officer who believe's that I'm a threat to society, the very fact the the Police still have the time and resourses to spare to dispatch Officer's to my abode to collect my weapon's mean's that thing's may not be as bad as they seem!

In NOLA, very few of the victim's that I saw on TV were armed once they had deserted their home's.

Why???

Tony
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#10]
It would be a logistical nightmare. The police haven't got the manpower to stop fights on Saturday night, let alone come and get our guns. And as for storage - well, they haven't got the manpower to guard them, so it'll be a one-stop gun shop.

If gun owners prove a problem then someone will be round to collect, otherwise you'll be OK. Let's face it you'll only be defending your own property, so they'll know who and where you are, and if you're out and about causing trouble expect the army to stop you.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Why ?

I was just looking to draw a comparison between the  recent US  experience and potentially that of the UK.....as unlikely as it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in becoming a SHTF  carbine toting wannabe looking for zombies....., just wondreed if there was a known process or precedent. for this sort of thing happening ?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I think that the NOLA sit. is a very limiting bad situation, as you'll be accountable for your action's after the SHTF sit. is over.

The final SHTF senario is better, something on the scale of the film USS Charlston, end of the world thing, without those little euthanasia pill's to end it all. this is probably the beter of the very worst case senario's. The survivability of such a situation and the tool's needed to do so.

Damm, what a theme for a book, I'll look into it and if I write one you'll all get a signed copy

Tony

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#14]
the great thing about NOLA was that you could claim all your guns were lost in a tragic boating accident and people would believe you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
the great thing about NOLA was that you could claim all your guns were lost in a tragic boating accident and people would believe you.

Damm, that has blown my scuba diving holiday in the nola area in 2006.....

Tony
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#16]
here in florida we keep our ak-47*s loaded and ready and we have lots of hurricans how many in  the uk have ak*s????
cops dont even come out in bad weather.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Two blokes at my club have AK's and I know of a third......We don't have hurricanes but an area of the midlands saw
two tornados this year  that uprooted trees and took roofs from buildings.......
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Two blokes at my club have AK's and I know of a third......We don't have hurricanes but an area of the midlands saw
two tornados this year  that uprooted trees and took roofs from buildings.......

Beter start packing yer SHTF kit mate, maybe even build a fall out shelter, pre-deposit supplies around your property and all the rest of it .

I have read load's of SHTF thread's over the last few year's, to my amusement.

If you or I ever go to the US, buy a good metal detector, you'd be amazed at what you find buried out there in dem der hill's.

Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top